[v6 General Discussion] Drag and Drop Issues!

Can anyone explain how the new drag and drop functionality is supposed to work? I'm finding it a complete nightmare. I try and move items around in the schedule and they simply disappear -- or so it seems. In fact they are generally now part of song. This is NOT what I want!!! How can I avoid this happening? It's so counter-intuitive.

On the latest release Build 7.4 the right click 'move item up or move item down' isn't working for me. Generally nothing happens - sometimes an item goes to the end of the schedule, sometimes it will move up or down one item. Nightmare!

Disappointed that the bug causing first scripture slide to not be emboldened hasn't been fixed.

I have experienced the same drag and drop problems. Where it will put one song into another. Not something I could ever image needing.
First let me say, I am sorry you are having problems.

The goal here is to allow you to create a presentation of media or scriptures very quickly.

Do you guys have any thoughts on how we can make it better? Feedback?

I could not replicate the problem with right click move up/down not working. You may have to open a support ticket about that item so we can get the exact steps to reproduce it.

Let me know about your suggestions and we can make it better.

Thanks for your feedback.
There has also been a video created for this feature and is available on our Training Videos page
[url:17ni1g81]http://training.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/24000009649
Thanks for responding so quickly Jeff. If I may say so you are trying to solve a problem which for most of us does not exist. In so doing you have made basic editing of the schedule nightmare. Please at least give the option to turn off this functionality. The inability to undo inadvertent changes made to the schedule by virtue of dragging and dropping is another major interface defect.
You may want to call support about the scripture bolding issue as I cannot replicate this issue nor have I heard of any other reports of this. Maybe a remote session would help us figure out exactly what's happening.
First let me say, I am sorry you are having problems.

The goal here is to allow you to create a presentation of media or scriptures very quickly.

Do you guys have any thoughts on how we can make it better? Feedback?

I could not replicate the problem with right click move up/down not working. You may have to open a support ticket about that item so we can get the exact steps to reproduce it.

Let me know about your suggestions and we can make it better.

Thanks for your feedback.

I can just never think of a time when I would want to combine elements in the schedule. I have noticed when your hovering, if it is going to try and add a song to another song, the line is a bit shorter. But I still end up accidentally adding a song to another all the time unless I remember to be very careful.
OK,

I've watched the video so I now 'understand' how this new functionality is supposed to work. Even with that knowledge it's a complete disaster for me. Foolishly I thought I'd test my understanding by moving some songs around. VERY carefully looked for the full width line BEFORE releasing the mouse. Despite this the 'moved' song disappears. Of course it's now embedded into another song and can't be extracted. Why would you think anyone would ever want to do this?

PLEASE remove this dreadful 'feature' ASAP - it's making working with a schedule a complete nightmare!
I think what he's talking about is the fact when you drag a scripture of other media to add to the schedule if you don't see a complete dark/black line between the insertion point and only see a part of the line then it adding media become a part of the the top or lower object as if you are adding a scripture between two graphic file and you line/insertion point is not completely between the file (complete black line all the way across the insertion point) then it's added to the top graphic file above you insertion point.
I have also experience this and finally figured out why and how to sole it by making sure that my insertion point always have a solid line from left to right).
Hope this helps!
After watching the video I do now understand better how some people might use this. I doubt I will, at least not often.

Perhaps a solution would to be a better difference in the two actions. Instead of just a shorter line, maybe highlighting the item you are adding to with a bright color. Just a thought.
After reading your messages Craig, I decided to check out this feature myself.
I think it can be very useful - not necessarily for a song but when someone turns up waving a flash drive full of pictures and they have no idea what they actually are - PP Photos etc. I can drop them into a Pre- prepared folder e.g 1A Todays Program - Images.
This shows at the top of the Collections list so is easily found. I can then open my Collection Images and all those pictures show. I can then drag the first one to the schedule, Then Holding the CNTL key select all the others and drop them onto the schedule item - making sure the line is shorter.
They then form/build into a slideshow which can then be indexed from the front/presenter using a remote. If needed I can easily rearrange them into the order needed. Faster than dropping them into a PP.

Great new feature. Thanks.
Agreed. However I do not forsee using it much if any. We just need an easier way to NOT have it add to a schedule item. Very frustrating how often it accidentally happens.
I've been using EW for over ten years. So I guess I've created in excess of 500 schedules. I can honestly say that I've NEVER encountered the situation Alvin describes. So to enable this (for me) never used functionality EW have built a major Gotcha into the UI made worse by the fact that there is no way to undo an inadvertent short drag creating an unwanted presentation. Where's the advantage in that? And if someone did turn up before the service with a load of photos it's not really such a big deal to drag them one at a time into a blank presentation is it?
I've been using EW for 15 years and have never had the need for this function - however I do add schedule items all the time via drag and drop.
6.7.5 will require you to hold the ctrl key down in order to drag into each other. This should help prevent accidental combining of items.