[v6 General Discussion] Song Import

How do I import my song database from version 2009 into the beta without damaging my current database? Also, is there no more VJ mode where we can change the background image or video on the fly?

It won't cause any problems with the current database.
If you didn't convert the database, the first time you opened the beta, close the beta and the EasyWorship helper in the system tray.
Browse to c:\users\public\public documents\softouch\easyworship\default\
Rename or delete the v6.B.1 folder.
Then reopen it. Allow it to convert the database. It just makes a copy of it, it won't mess up the old database.
VJ mode has not been abandoned, we have plans to include it in the future.
Did what you said and it never asked to convert the data and there are no songs in the database. If I open EW2009, all my data is still there, so I know my databases still exist.
1. Open EasyWorship 2009.
2. Click the Profile Menu.
3. Click Profiles Manager.
4. Select the Profile you are using in the 2009 version.
5. Click “Edit the selected application profile” at the bottom.
6. Click in the “Use an existing application data instance” field, to show the location of
the profile on the hard drive.
7. Use the Right arrow key to scroll the text to see the end of the file path.
Example: Softouch/EasyWorship/Default
Default is the profile folder in this example.
8. Write this information down and close EasyWorship.

Make Sure EasyWorship 6 and the helper is closed.
Browse to that folder and find the v6.B.1 and delete it.
Then open the beta again.
If it doesn't convert, create a new profile in EasyWorship 6 using the name of the profile you are using in EasyWorship 2009.
In the advanced settings, you need to change the type of profile to existing instead of new.
Got it to work by creating the new profile. Thanks. Now I have to figure out how to get rid of the access violation in the EasyWorshipHelper.exe module. Any ideas?
I read the post above and see no mention of an Access Violation? When are you getting this message?
Terry, I am receiving an "Access violation at address 004054B8 in module "EasyWorshipHelper.exe'. Read of address C35B5E5B." immediately after clicking "Convert Data"
I am receiving an "Access violation at address 004054B8 in module 'EasyWorshipHelper.exe'. Read of address C35B5E5B." Immediately after clicking "Convert Data".
Make Sure EasyWorship 6 and the helper is closed.
Browse to that folder and find the v6.B.1 and delete it.
Then open the beta again.

Hi Rodger
Please can you supply a quick confirmation.
If my EW2009 database has been updated - new/amended songs, and I want to apply the same updates to '6, is it purely a case of deleting the (profile) folder (as above) and starting again?
Q
Yes, just make sure you rename or delete the right files.
This will prompt EasyWorship 6 to convert the database.
"... the right files"

Not just the folder, then?
Q
Sorry, folder is probably the correct term.
Sorry for the random input in the middle. My issue was a corrupted copy of the profile.
Hi Rodger
Having just reset the database on my 6.B.4, I just realised I've lost all my time spent changing the options to match our current EW2009.
What part of the profile do I need to copy over from the previous 6.B.4 folder that I saved, in order to reinstate the lost options - font size and the like - please?
Q
You'll need to restore options folder.