[v6 General Discussion] Backgrounds & Themes

I'm struggling a bit to understand the idea behind the themes, and how these relate to default backgrounds.

I've created themes with backgrounds, and these seem to work fine till I set an image to be a default background.

Now my theme background is ignored - I just get the default background I chose.

In EW2009 there was a flag to show which background was selected for logo, auto background etc - would be nice to have these again.
Also there seems no way to reset the default flag to revert to the default theme..

It seems to me there are competing ideas here with little in the way of manuals to describe or explain, let alone recommend best practice...

Yes, I am finding the new theme-based approach fairly frustrating.

I had different moving backgrounds set for every song. I had dozens of the backgrounds I would select from, as I am sure most users did. Now, I have no way to select a background without creating a theme, which I don't want to do. I only want to change the background for one song. This seems like a lost feature with not a lot of value added to replace it's core functionality.

So now if I want different backgrounds for each song, I must first create a new theme? Talk about adding extra steps that are not needed...
I found that if you go to Media, Images and drag and drop the image you wish to be your background onto the slide or song it adds it as a background. I have not found an easy way to make a simple default background other than themes. When using a theme when I use the clear button, it goes black and does not leave the background. Anyone else seen this happen?
Yes, I am finding the new theme-based approach fairly frustrating.

I had different moving backgrounds set for every song. I had dozens of the backgrounds I would select from, as I am sure most users did. Now, I have no way to select a background without creating a theme, which I don't want to do. I only want to change the background for one song. This seems like a lost feature with not a lot of value added to replace it's core functionality.

So now if I want different backgrounds for each song, I must first create a new theme? Talk about adding extra steps that are not needed...

Edit Song -> Inspector -> Slide -> Background -> Select Media -> Change that to the background you wanted -> Click "Apply to theme" button. The background will be applied to the song. Close the inspector and carry on typing or click "Ok" to close.
I also prefer being able to select a theme / background for a schedule. I just upgraded from 2009 and find the new way of setting themes very tedious in comparison.
Yes I miss the feature from 2009 as well. Can yall add it to 6?