[v6 General Discussion] Drag and Drop Issues!

Can anyone explain how the new drag and drop functionality is supposed to work? I'm finding it a complete nightmare. I try and move items around in the schedule and they simply disappear -- or so it seems. In fact they are generally now part of song. This is NOT what I want!!! How can I avoid this happening? It's so counter-intuitive.

On the latest release Build 7.4 the right click 'move item up or move item down' isn't working for me. Generally nothing happens - sometimes an item goes to the end of the schedule, sometimes it will move up or down one item. Nightmare!

Disappointed that the bug causing first scripture slide to not be emboldened hasn't been fixed.

6.7.5 will require you to hold the ctrl key down in order to drag into each other. This should help prevent accidental combining of items.

Sounds like a great plan! Thanks
6.7.5 will require you to hold the ctrl key down in order to drag into each other. This should help prevent accidental combining of items.

That should sort it! - hopefully there'll also be a fix for the issues with moving items up / down schedule as discussed with Fred earlier this week?
We found an issue with some older schedules having a corrupted sort order. If you create a new schedule and import the old schedule into it, it will fix the schedule. You can import it by dragging it into the schedule window or clicking the gear icon, add item, import schedule file. Select the file and click open. Save the schedule and it should stay fixed.
John. You may never have the had what I described above but my guess is you would be one of the few. I too have used EW for over 15 years, in church, at week long seminars, at work (I have my own personal licence) for church services, social events and many other events. Many times I have been given a flash drive just before the program begins and the owner has really no idea what is on it - except saying it has pictures! Yeah - PP, Jpg's what? They often have no idea.
This morning that happened yet again. While I don't like this happening and like all media well before the program, it happens.
I opened the flash drive in Explore, copied the pictures to a Quick Access folder I have created called "1A Todays Program Images" I have such a folder for Videos and Audio as well.

Going back to EW I clicked on Media/Collections/Images and there is the Collection I have made with the above filename - and all the pictures were showing - with a few others from a previous week.. I dragged the first one onto the schedule then collectively (CNTR Key) selected all the others and dragged them on top of the first picture.
Bingo! I had a ready made slideshow. Did a quick edit to make sure they were in order then they were ready to project.
I could have dragged each picture to the schedule individually, then used Go Live to advance each picture, but this new way allows a person telling the story about the pictures to use a remote to advance their slides as they would if using PP.
Thanks EW developers for this feature. This morning it saved me precious time just before the program began.
I am having the same issues with Drag and Drop. I was trying to reorder songs in a schedule. When I drug a song up, it moved to where I wanted it. When I would drag a song down, it just disappeared. I did not see anything that looked like the two songs were combined, nor did I see a partial black line. I made sure there was a black line between the two songs that I waned to move the song between. This is very frustrating.
Hi Crawford69,
If you update to 6.7.5, you'll find that this is no longer an issue. In 6.7.5 you'll find that you have to hold down the ctrl key to drag items into each other. Hope this helps!
Here is one of the ways I would use the combine feature to avoid having to use a PowerPoint slideshow and to start the transition away from using PowerPoint for announcements. There's no need to ditch all the work you did in PowerPoint. Bring those slides into an EW Presentation and work from there, creating any new slides in EW. There is no audio on this video and you may have to download it to watch it. It's not as professional as the normal training videos. We'll have a more professional video posted as soon as possible.
[attachment=0:1afmwmts]PowerPoint to EW Presentation in 2 Minutes.mp4[/attachment:1afmwmts]
Thanks so much for all your hard work. I'll watch the video. Thanks for making the change to holding down the ctrl key to drop items on top of each other in a schedule.
John. You may never have the had what I described above but my guess is you would be one of the few. I too have used EW for over 15 years, in church, at week long seminars, at work (I have my own personal licence) for church services, social events and many other events. Many times I have been given a flash drive just before the program begins and the owner has really no idea what is on it - except saying it has pictures! Yeah - PP, Jpg's what? They often have no idea.
This morning that happened yet again. While I don't like this happening and like all media well before the program, it happens.
I opened the flash drive in Explore, copied the pictures to a Quick Access folder I have created called "1A Todays Program Images" I have such a folder for Videos and Audio as well.

Going back to EW I clicked on Media/Collections/Images and there is the Collection I have made with the above filename - and all the pictures were showing - with a few others from a previous week.. I dragged the first one onto the schedule then collectively (CNTR Key) selected all the others and dragged them on top of the first picture.
Bingo! I had a ready made slideshow. Did a quick edit to make sure they were in order then they were ready to project.
I could have dragged each picture to the schedule individually, then used Go Live to advance each picture, but this new way allows a person telling the story about the pictures to use a remote to advance their slides as they would if using PP.
Thanks EW developers for this feature. This morning it saved me precious time just before the program began.

Is there a way to make these images loop and advance automatically?
There has also been a video created for this feature and is available on our Training Videos page
[url:1nlzj59g]http://training.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/24000009649

Has this video been removed?
Here is one of the ways I would use the combine feature to avoid having to use a PowerPoint slideshow and to start the transition away from using PowerPoint for announcements. There's no need to ditch all the work you did in PowerPoint. Bring those slides into an EW Presentation and work from there, creating any new slides in EW. There is no audio on this video and you may have to download it to watch it. It's not as professional as the normal training videos. We'll have a more professional video posted as soon as possible.
[attachment=0:jqym2y8x]PowerPoint to EW Presentation in 2 Minutes.mp4[/attachment:jqym2y8x]

This is awesome!!! Are there written instructions somewhere that I can print?
[attachment=0:2pjfz0kp]PowerPoint to EW Presentation in 2 Minutes.mp4[/attachment:2pjfz0kp]

So why would you do this? If you already have them all in PowerPoint, what is the advantage to exporting them like this? Why not just import and display your PowerPoint?

Also, we use animations in our announcements to this would not work anyway.
You may continue to use PowerPoints if you wish, but EasyWorship Presentations run much smoother than PowerPoint because they are native to EasyWorship. Also this is for those of us who don't do anything fancy with our announcement loops. From my experience most PowerPoint slideshows we see are very basic without animations. So, if you don't use animations and you want to stop using PowerPoint this is a great method to start the switch. Why would you use PowerPoint if you didn't have to? I stopped using PowerPoint for announcements over a year ago and have no need to return. I still play powerpoint slideshows if I have to, but if I can avoid PowerPoint I will. Native content is much faster and smoother.
crawford69,

We have to recreate the video since the functionality changed. We'll get it out as soon as we can.
You may continue to use PowerPoints if you wish, but EasyWorship Presentations run much smoother than PowerPoint because they are native to EasyWorship. Also this is for those of us who don't do anything fancy with our announcement loops. From my experience most PowerPoint slideshows we see are very basic without animations. So, if you don't use animations and you want to stop using PowerPoint this is a great method to start the switch. Why would you use PowerPoint if you didn't have to? I stopped using PowerPoint for announcements over a year ago and have no need to return. I still play powerpoint slideshows if I have to, but if I can avoid PowerPoint I will. Native content is much faster and smoother.

Agreed, the smoothness of transitions between PowerPoint and EW are not as nice as between full native stuff. Just seems like a lot of extra steps when you already have it setup in PowerPoint.