[v6 General Discussion] audio files crashing EW6

Hi All,

I just upgraded to EW6.3 but I have noticed that anytime I try to interact with an imported audio file, EW hangs and eventually must be force closed. This includes just clicking on the audio file from within the "Media" tab and or within the "Schedule" after the audio file has been imported. These are just basic mp3 files that play fine using any other application.

When using EW6.3, I have no other issues displaying/playing videos or images. Only with the "audio" files.

Here are my system specs:
Windows 7 Pro
Intel i7 - 2620M
8Gs of RAM
Nvidia NVS4200M

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.

-James

Have these audio files worked in EasyWorship in the past?
We do know that protected audio files will not work, i'm not sure it will cause a lock up.
Also audio files known as pads have been known to cause an issue.
Hi Rodger,

Thanks for the quick reply.

I just imported these files after installing EW6, but we have another machine with 2009 on it that I will try the files on just in case.

I'm pretty sure these files are not protected but just to be safe, I generated my own mp3 file to try and it still caused EW to lock-up. None of the files are pads.

One other tidbit, when I right click on the audio file inside the Media tab and choose "audio properties", the program doesn't lock-up but I get the "waiting" mouse pointer and EW doesn't respond to any commands. I have to force quit EW and then I get a prompt saying "The system cannot end this program because it is waiting for a response from you..."

Thanks for the help.

-James
Hi!

If you are able to call us I would like to take a look at this issue. It is not happening on any of our machines here.