[v6 General Discussion] Powerpoint Problem

I've searched and can't find this mentioned anywhere else, so I will ask here. When adding a Powerpoint presentation, Easy Worship 6 imports it fine, the slides display properly in the middle column (preview?) and also in the lower right, but the program adds a black bar down the left side of the slide in the output panel and on the projected image, effectively moving the slide to the right and cutting off 1/4 to 1/5 of the slide. Unfortunately I am not sure which version of Powerpoint our minister is using, but we are using the most current version of EW6. Anyone have any idea what is happening, and/or have a possible solution? Thanks in advance...

Windows scaling not set to 100%.

Thanks GRBC, but it actually is set at 100%. Prior to posting, I checked other responses to Powerpoint problems and noticed you had suggested this as a possible solution elsewhere, so I checked to make sure. I am starting to think the problem lies with the way the slides are imported and the capabilities of our church's projector. At home I notice that EW adds a black bar on both sides of the imported slides. Although I haven't checked, I am guessing that the same is occurring at church but the output window is only showing the left-most portion of the slide/bar combo, and is also only projecting same. This leads me to believe that the problem may exist in our hardware's capabilities rather than with EW, although the slides display fine when using the actual Powerpoint program (not including the presentation in the schedule, just switching to Powerpoint for pastor's message).
Try updating to 6.1.7 when it prompts you and see how it behaves.
Roger: Thanks for your reply, but 6.1.7 (nor 6.1.8 ) did not resolve the issue. However, I think I have discovered the problem and solution.

Our church uses a 'second screen' setup (as I am sure many others do as well), with Easy Worship projecting its output onto this 2nd screen while the operator controls the output from the primary screen. The resolution of our primary screen was set at 1600 x 1200, while the projector for the secondary output was set at 1024 x 768. For some reason, Easy Worship 6 was importing and projecting Powerpoint displays at the 1600 x 1200 resolution. Thus, only the upper left portion of each Powerpoint slide was visible. I discovered this during the rehearsal before church this morning while testing several videos that were to be included in the pastor's message. These also were only showing the upper left 1024 x 768 portion of the video. Our solution was to set the resolution of both outputs so that they matched.

What I don't understand now, and perhaps someone has an answer to, is this: Easy Worship obviously "knew" the output screen resolution as the output panel view also only showed the 1024 x 768 portion of the slides/video. Yet it did not scale the output to fit in that resolution for videos and Powerpoint slides. For song lyrics and their associated backgrounds everything was fine.

Is this a problem with the software, or is there a setting I have overlooked that will rectify this (which seems to me to be the more likely of the two...)?
Thanks for posting what you did to fix your problem! I've been beating myself over the head with the keyboard trying to solve that magnification issue with Powerpoint. Of course I get to work fine when its just me alone in the church, but fill the pews and make it live, THATS when it would act up. Soundbooth/Media people LOVE it when the congregation turns around to see if you've fallen asleep at the post or are just playing computer games.
All I had to do was go into Powerpoint, change presentation settings, and BAM Easyworship complied!
ZuluDoggy,
Your issue may have been tied to a dpi issue that has sense be fixed by build 6.1.9.
Also right click your EasyWorship icon, click on properties.
Click compatibility, then make sure everything is unchecked.
We used to have customers check the option to disable dpi scaling... but that is no longer needed.
In Easyworship 2009, this black bar problem showed up when I switched to a new laptop with a high-res screen and Windows 10..not sure which is to blame. The slides (both PPT and songs/scripture) show fine on the projector (which is only 1024x768). Black bars show up on the left half of the windows in EWS on the laptop and only a portion of the slide shows though.

The solution is to use that check box mentioned above.... on the EWS icon, right click, select "compatibility" tab, and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". So, it looks like this problem has not been fixed as suggested, but there is a work-around.

Peace
In Easyworship 2009, this black bar problem showed up when I switched to a new laptop with a high-res screen and Windows 10..not sure which is to blame. The slides (both PPT and songs/scripture) show fine on the projector (which is only 1024x768). Black bars show up on the left half of the windows in EWS on the laptop and only a portion of the slide shows though.

The solution is to use that check box mentioned above.... on the EWS icon, right click, select "compatibility" tab, and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings". So, it looks like this problem has not been fixed as suggested, but there is a work-around.

Peace

Are you using EW 09 or EW 6?
Hi there

I just joined to keep myself informed of some of the ongoing developments with Easyworship and to find a solution to things!
I'm based in London, England. It would be nice to see how other churches have set up Easyworship as we are a small church and I've had to learn things in the fire - the hard way...during service...! We don't use foldback monitors (don't even know what it means) but would be nice to see how more complex environments set up for the future.

Just saw here the highlighting of a Powerpoint problem. I no longer use powerpoint with easyworship 6 ever since the days it crashed and we had black outs. It's Microsoft's fault I heard they came out with Powerpoint 2010 and it just defaults to it's own viewer and easyworship and Powerpoint don't talk very well with each other but what I understand is that we should only be using Easyworship's OWN presentation viewer/creator and NOT powerpoint?

If anyone has a powerpoint presentation for me I now just:

- convert all the powerpoint slides to Jpeg images and save them in an appropriate folder
- import the jpeg powerpoint images into easyworship
- then create a new easyworship presentation using the + button in the presentation section
- add each jpeg powerpoint slide to each easyworship presentation slide in edit mode
- save the presentation

I hope that's the way we're supposed to do things. Obviously it takes a bit of time to convert every powerpoint presentation slide etc but I guess that's the price to pay and it pays to be prepared.
Thanks for that tip EricM. I'll be using it.