[v6 General Discussion] Creating a new slide by dividing up another...

I was editing a song last night, and there were too many words on a slide. I hit ctrl+enter to create a new slide, the new slide put all the words in the slide title. Background formatting also disappeared... How do I fix this?

How were the song words added to the song?
Typed or copied and pasted?
Try putting the cursor at the front of the line you wish to break the song at and press ctrl+enter.
When you apply a background use the inspector and click apply to theme.
You can try Enter to break paragraph and then Ctrl-Enter to break slide. It doesn't like Ctrl-Enter alone to break a paragraph into two slides.

When song text is stored in database it is single item of RTF text and if there isn't a line for label it assumes that next line is label.
No idea, it was built in 09 sometime last year, 99% chance it was just typed...

I'm pretty sure I did the beginning of the line vs. the end of the one before...

Basically someone entered the song last year with a verse per slide, way too much to follow... Tried to divide it out, when I ran into the issue. If I hit a ctrl+enter how do I change it from the title to the slide? I can't really do as you say Frank...

Thanks,

Karl
It's not hard.

Original:
[list:3s51wxbq]Verse 1
Text to be split because it's too long for one slide[/list:u:3s51wxbq]

After Ctrl-Enter:
Text to be split because
----New Slide----
it's too long for one slide[/list:u:3s51wxbq]

Goto end of first slide and press Delete, then Enter and Ctrl-Enter:

After Enter and Ctrl-Enter:
Text to be split because
----New Slide----
[color=#BF00FF:3s51wxbq]label[/color:3s51wxbq]
it's too long for one slide[/list:u:3s51wxbq]
No idea, it was built in 09 sometime last year, 99% chance it was just typed...

I'm pretty sure I did the beginning of the line vs. the end of the one before...

Basically someone entered the song last year with a verse per slide, way too much to follow... Tried to divide it out, when I ran into the issue. If I hit a ctrl+enter how do I change it from the title to the slide? I can't really do as you say Frank...

Thanks,

Karl

Put the cursor at the front of the line that you want as the first line on the new slide. Press ctrl+Enter. The new slide should be good to go, and the label line should be blank.
We keep stumbling over the background disappearing when a slide is broken into multiple slides when editing songs...it is inconvenient and easy to forget to reapply the background that already exists on the rest of the slides in the song.

Please change the behaviour so that when a slide is broken into multiple slides, the new slides take on the parameters, including background, of the original slide.

Thanks in advance.
It sounds like the "background" might be an image added to slide and pushed to back. That makes the image "local" to the slide and not global to song. If background added using Inspector or drag-and-drop then it becomes global. Not sure it's a bug; maybe a feature unless they have a way to add inline images to song's theme.