[v6 General Discussion] Logitech Remote R-R85 is not working with Easy Worship 6

Hi,

Logitech Remote R-R85 is not working with Easy Worship 6.

I have tried all methods (download the file, manually changed hotkey file etc) the mentioned on the help page:
https://easyworship.com/help/default.ht ... s%7C_____9

// Approach 1
When I did this:
Change GoLiveNextKeys to 0 (zero)
Add 34 to SlideNextKeys (SlideNextKeys=78, 40, 32, 34)
Change GoLivePrevious to 0 (zero)
Add 33 to SlidePrevKeys (SlidePrevKeys=80, 38, 8, 33)
Result:
When I clicked "remote control - right" it goes to the "next FEW slides" (in "Schedule" section not in the LIVE screen).
When I clicked "remote control - left" I expect it goes to "previous slide" but it does nothing.

// Approach 2
When I did this:
Change ScheduleNextKeys to 0 (zero)
Add 39 to SlideNextKeys (SlideNextKeys=78, 40, 32, 39)
Change SchedulePrevKeys to 0 (zero)
Add 37 to SlidePrevKeys (SlidePrevKeys=80, 38, 8, 37)
Result:
When I clicked "remote control - right" it goes to the "next slide".
When I clicked "remote control - left" I expect it goes to "previous slide" but it does nothing.

// Approach 3
When I did this:
I download and run "HotKey Reset" file:
https://easyworship.com/downloads/HotKe ... _Reset.exe
Result:
When I clicked "remote control - right" it goes to the "next slide".

I'm happy with Approach 3, I need to be able to go to "previous slide" via "remote control"...
Can you please help?

Thanks

Ferdy

Hi Ferdy,
Thanks for posting. The link you provided goes to an old support site that is no longer updated. I'll have to make sure that site is taken down.

Here is the new article, but i'm pretty sure the information is the same. https://support.easyworship.com/support ... mote-ew-6-

Have you verified that the left arrow button works using PowerPoint? It almost sounds like it's a dead button.
Also Make sure you have selected the Live area when using the remote. The remote controls the selected section of EasyWorship, it's not global.

Let's determine what keys on the keyboard your remote is emulating.
Open a multi page document.
Use the left and right arrow keys on the remote and see what happens.
If it goes from page to page, then they are emulating page up and page down.
If it scrolls through the document or moves the cursor from one line to the next or previous, you know that up and down arrows are being used.
If the cursor moves left and right on a line of text, the left and right arrow keys are being emulated.
All of these scenarios are covered with the hotkeys file that you installed previously.

If something else happens, let me know and I'll be happy to help get the right codes in there.

Next verify that the commands are working with your keyboard and not the remote.
Start with the default hotkeys.
Create a schedule of at least three songs.
Go live with the first song and use your up and down arrow keys. Do the slides change to next and previous using those keys?
What does left and right arrow keys do? They should move the selector in the schedule.
Page Down should go live with the next item in the schedule.
Page UP will do nothing.

Close EasyWorship.
Install the hotkeys file from the KB article above.
Go through the same process again.
You should find that all of these commands will control the slides next and previous commands.

After you have verified that the commands work via the keyboard, follow the same process with your remote, only after verifying that the left arrow key is functioning properly.

Here is the key for the numbers you see in the hotkeys file and their functions.

BackSpace = 8 LeftArrow = 37
UpArrow = 38 RightArrow = 39
DownArrow = 40 SpaceBar = 32
PGUP = 33 PGDN = 34
End = 35 Home = 36
.(Period) = 190 Escape(ESC) = 27

A thru Z = 65 thru 90:

A 65 M 77 Y 89
B 66 N 78 Z 90
D 68 P 80
E 69 Q 81
F 70 R 82
G 71 S 83
H 72 T 84
I 73 U 85
J 74 V 86
K 75 W 87
L 76 X 88

F-Keys:

F1 = 112 F2 = 113
F3 = 114 F4 = 115
F5 = 116 F6 = 117
F7 = 118 F8 = 119
F9 = 120 F10 = Reserved for System Use
F11 = 122 F12 = 123
Hi Rodger,

Thank you for your reply.

Just to clarify that... what we would like to achieve is... to be able to navigate live presentation (via keyboard - Logitech presenter will follow...) as left/pageup=previous slide and right/pagedown=next slide...

As suggested in HotKeys.ini I have changed:
LeftArrow = 37
RightArrow = 39
... but I still can not navigate the previous/next live slide as expected... Could you please help to assist?

Here is the video:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2A0U3 ... sp=sharing

Note:
- I can navigate to the next live slide with "right" on the keyboard
- but I can *not* navigate to the previous live slide with "left" on the keyboard

Thank you so much... Ferdy

##

Here is the current HotKeys.ini =
[HotKeys]
BlackScreenKeys=C-66
ClearScreenKeys=C-67
GoLiveNextKeys=39
GoLivePrevKeys=37
JumpBridgeKeys=66
JumpChorusKeys=67
JumpEndingKeys=69
JumpIntroKeys=73