[v6 General Discussion] [Check For Changes] Copying a new song from a schedule to the database

I usually create Sunday schedules at home and take them to church on a memory stick. Often the schedule will contain a new song (i.e. one that is not in the church pc database). Previously, when I opened a schedule containing a new song using the church pc, EW2009 gave me the option to import the new song, background images, etc. to the church pc database.

So far I have not found an easy way to do this with EW6. Any suggestions please?

Richard

Richard,
This is a feature we have not implemented in EasyWorship 6 yet.
It would be awesome if this could be implemented in some way. I also create things away from the computer in the sanctuary and like to be able to import new songs that i've tweaked.
This was available in Easyworship2009, and i cannot believe it is not in this version, and was a key method of keeping databases in two or more PCs up to date. In many respects this version has taken a backward step from the previous version.

When this feature is implemented it needs to include the import of media which are used to background of songs, as this is what takes the time to do whilst at home before using on a Sunday.

Given this is not automatically available, is there a manual way of updating the database from items in a schedule?
is there a manual way of updating the database from items in a schedule?

I am sorry but there is not a way to do that at this time.
This really should be a priority.
This is on the short list of items for me to work on. I plan to take a look and re-adding the "Demo Data" feature and then "Check for Changes".
Has there been any progression on this since May 2015? We are just transitioning from EW2009 to EW6 now that the Preview & Live option is there.
Since I first downloaded EW6, we continued using EW2009 and adding songs to that database which I now need to update into EW6 and to import from schedule (as was available in 2009) was the easiest and quickest way of doing that.
Coming to the forum, I am amazed that it was not included in the original or any subsequent release.
Look forward to hearing news - in the meantime, looks like I will have to do a scenic route
This is on the short list of items for me to work on. I plan to take a look and re-adding the "Demo Data" feature and then "Check for Changes".

How can you possibly release an 'upgrade' that doesn't include this feature? It's an essential part of preparing schedules on multiple computers.

Richard. (for some reason, my e-mail has appeared as my username.... ?!)
is there a manual way of updating the database from items in a schedule?

I am sorry but there is not a way to do that at this time.

Am I missing something?!
Its simple (but time consuming if need to do lots at once) to add song from schedule to database
Edit song in schedule
select all
copy

New song in resources database
paste

add copyright info
It must be a loooong "short" list.
Is this item progressing up the list to come out in a new release?

I have just this afternoon copied over the songs database as described elsewhere from the office PC to the one in church and it seems to have caused havoc with the database on church PC. Not sure if my error or not but the song titles and words in many cases do not match. And of course I have some additional backgrounds upstairs to those on the PC downstairs and that has caused 'havoc' there too.

O to have the import from schedule back again - made life so much simpler
I have looked in the Development Pipeline and this request isn't in the 'In Progress' or 'Planned' sections, so it doesn't appear to be happening anytime soon. It has been over a year since we purchased EW6 and considering the importance of this feature in EW2009, I would have thought this would be 1st on the list. In fact, getting EW6 to at least have a minimum of the same features as 2009 should have happened before it's release.
It is disappointing that this feature does not seem to be seen as important - given the number of times that the issue has come up since EW6 was released. It is certainly a feature that we are eagerly awaiting as it will save so much time and possible confusion when trying to keep a church PC song database synchronised with a home PC song database.
Yet it seems to be the feature with the most votes in the Features Request page!