[v6 General Discussion] dropbox

since the database is net-workable could it be in a dropbox folder ??
would that work ?

Dropbox is not like a network share. It merely syncs files between devices. If two users alter file a same time you end up with conflict copies of the file; each with changes only from the computer/user that made them.

In our Dropbox implementation I designated the primary EW presentation computer at church as my master copy; it updates the profile folders on Dropbox. All others replace their local profile folder with that version so they all are working on "same" copy. If new songs entered offsite they are merged back using schedule in EW2009; unfortunately EW6 doesn't have this feature (boo!).

Note: For this to work the media path needs to be same on all computers. Since it could be C: or D: in my case I used an old DOS trick (SUBST) to create an M: drive for media use. I tried mapping a drive locally but for some reason it tends to disappear.
Hi Frank!

I´m new at Sync with Dropbox.
I've noticed that's very useful, but i'm trying to have some care of it.
Using EW2009 we lost our complete databases, at least 5 times, don't know why. I supose that using Dropbox will be a bit helpful.

Now, I'm running EW6 with the default user database, without any advanced configuration. Is there any way for moving all database into a new network synchronised user?
It's possible to do the same with Google Drive?
Dropbox, Google Drive and OneDrive all can be used to sync files.

I designated the church main presentation computer as master copy; all others get the copy. On master I use ROBOCOPY to mirror the default profile folder to Dropbox and on satellite computers the mirror copy is from Dropbox to default profile. I also keep media files on Dropbox so they aren't copied anywhere just referenced from EasyWorship (2009 and 6).

I created a Windows command file that runs automatically at 4am using Task Scheduler and as needed like after services. I also have a Powershell script that sweeps through media folders and adds shortcuts to Resources folders for any that are missing and then sweeps through Resources folders deleting broken shortcuts. Only way I could automate media management of over 4000 media files; it takes command file about 2 minutes to run.

I guess all those years as a network administrator have paid off.
Beautiful

Sure, experience makes the teacher!
I want to learn more about that! There are a few interesting things around EW, for administrating media, databases, etc.
You should upload some tips for this kind of miscellaneous.

Thanks Frank!
Thank you Frank. Our case is that we have the pastors and different Easy Worship operators working on the church service each week from home. With Easy Worship 2009 they share Power Point Presentations and images on Google drive and then prepare the Schedule in Easy Worship on Sunday Morning before the service. We also have Word Files in Google Drive with all the songs and .jpg files the images. All this is to allow our work from home. This actually works quite well, but does not use most of the power of the Easy worship database. Under you configuration do all your users share the same Profile, or do different users have different profiles and share the same resources?

Your configuration sounds wonderful and I am sure many of use will use it if you can provide more details. I will be glad to be your helper.
Thank you Frank. Our case is that we have the pastors and different Easy Worship operators working on the church service each week from home. With Easy Worship 2009 they share Power Point Presentations and images on Google drive and then prepare the Schedule in Easy Worship on Sunday Morning before the service. We also have Word Files in Google Drive with all the songs and .jpg files the images. All this is to allow our work from home. This actually works quite well, but does not use most of the power of the Easy worship database. Under you configuration do all your users share the same Profile, or do different users have different profiles and share the same resources?

Your configuration sounds wonderful and I am sure many of use will use it if you can provide more details. I will be glad to be your helper.