[v6 General Discussion] PowerPoint stalls on GoLive

We have an ongoing problem where PowerPoint intermittently 'hangs' on GoLive. This happens with various sizes of PowerPoint and invariably happens during the live service and not when we are having a run through before the service.

Because of the problem we always thoroughly test the schedule before the service and invariably (well 99%) the PowerPoint(s) fire up with no problem (after an initial pause, especially on the first PP in a schedule). Then very frequently a PP will hang when we try to send it live during a service. By 'Hang' I mean that it will typically appear in the preview area but not move onto the live screen.

We have carefully assessed as many aspects of our setup as we can. We are using the latest Office 365 PowerPoint - and have run repair as suggested in the Troubleshooting guide. We have removed the older version of PP and the Viewer. We have a fully updated Windows 10 installation.

Other points:
* Occasionally PowerPoint itself will appear on the task bar (with the PP from EasyWorship)
* Our projector, internet and mouse are connected via a Plugable USB docking station (this has never caused any problems)
* Our laptop is an i3 with 4 GB of memory
* Apart from this issue we have never had any problems with either the software or the laptop
* We build our schedules at home and then pick up the schedule on Sunday from Dropbox
* Some PP are .ppt and some are .pptx - but I assume this shouldn't be relevant
* I have excluded all the EW software from McAfee

I worked in IT for many years so am used to analysis and diagnosis of application problems but I am baffled by this (it's been happening for some months - I can't pinpoint when it started but we have been using EW6 - upgraded from 2009 - almost since release and I'm sure we didn't have this problem initially but in this time we have had Windows 10, Office 365 etc as well)

I attach a screenshot. This was on 6.7.5. We are still having the problem with 6.7.7.

I ran the PP troubleshooter and this is the output
INSTALLED VERSION INFORMATION

** ComObject32 Info **
FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID
FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID\Default
FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\LocalServer32
FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\LocalServer32\Default
> Full Version Added (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32)

** ComObject64 Info **
NOT FOUND - HKCR\CLSID\{91493441-5A91-11CF-8700-00AA0060263B}\ProgID

** Registry32 Info **
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications\PowerPoint
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications\Path
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot\PowerPoint
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot\Path
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications\PowerPoint
! Full Version Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - Already added.
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot\PowerPoint
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot\Path
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot\PowerPoint
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot\Path
! Full Version Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE, 32) - Already added.
! Viewer Skipped (16.00, C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\PPTVIEW.EXE, 32) - File missing.

** Registry64 Info **
FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\Common\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\15.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\ClickToRunStore\Applications
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Common\InstallRoot
NOT FOUND - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\PowerPoint\InstallRoot

Make sure the preview windows is not active in Windows as I have seen this cause the issue before