[v6 General Discussion] Remote "clicker" does not work with properly with EW/ other programs overriding EW fullscreen.

We have a remote "clicker" that we use so presenters can change the slides from the stage. However, the keys to change slides are maped from the l/r arrow keys to the u/d, rendering it useless. Apparently it used to work (this is prior to me taking over the AV system), so I was wondering if there was a way to remap those keys.

Another issue that I have run into is when using the computer with EW live, programs will override its full screen.
In essence whenever I switch tabs on my primary monitor (say to open a folder to get a external file or open chome to look something up), EW will temporally act like live was turned off (meaning whatever was displayed is replaced with what is behind it). It doesent happen all the time, but often enough that I cant safely work on anything during events (which is a pain as I oft get asked to do things mid session). As a aside, I dont think its a hardware issue as power point still works just fine.

Hi,

I'm sorry the remote hasn't been working for you.
I think the following KB article will help you get it working.
https://support.easyworship.com/support ... mote-ew-6-

I'm not sure there is a way to keep another program from appearing over the EasyWorship output window. I'll forward your issue to a developer to see if they have any ideas. It seems to function the same as PowerPoint when running a PowerPoint slideshow. I'm able to at+tab to a window that then appears over the PowerPoint output on the secondary screen.
That was exactly what I was looking for (for the remote)

My issue issint that programs appear in front of easy worship (I would expect that) but rather it allows whatever is behind it to show though (for the most part the desktop as I try and keep that display blank except for what is being displayed).
What method do you use to switch programs? I cannot replicate this on windows 10 using alt+tab or clicking on another app on the task bar. I do have an issue when I use windows key+tab, but I don't think that's what you are talking about. Do you have the windows taskbar disabled on the secondary display?
I use a combination of alt tab and the task bar (depending if I am switching between two open programs or dealing with mutable instances of the same), and have had the issue occur with both. However it does not do it reliably, perhaps about 1-10 times a hour and lasts anywhere from .1 to around 2 seconds (Which I think has something to do with how long I take to actually change between programs, not sure though). Task bar is only enabled on primary monitor and virtual desktops are not used.

I should probably clarify that this is only happens if there is a "preview" happening (if you hold your mouse over the icon in the task bar and a window opens up above the program showing open instances or all the time when alt tabbing)