.mp4 video not playing when imported from schedule without quicktime (EW 6)

EasyWorship Version: 6

EasyWorship Build Number: 6.7.14.0

Operating System: Windows 10

CPU type & speed: Intel i5, 2.4GHz

Amount of system memory (RAM): 8 GB

Free hard drive space: 166 GB

Graphics card model: NVIDEA GeForce GTX 1050

Graphics card memory: 3GB

Capture card if applicable: None

How is your computer connected to the output screen(s): HDMI

Description of the bug:

Without quicktime i can play a .mp4 video by dragging it into a new schedule and double click it from there - no problem.

I can then save that schedule, delete the original .mp4 file reopen the schedule (which contains the .mp4 file) and it will not play the video. I can see that EW extracts the video to a temp folder, and i can play it without problems in windows' own video player. Reimporting that video into another empty schedule makes for the same behaviour.

With quicktime it works as expected, and i can play .mp4 videoes directly from a schedule, where it plays the video it extracts from the schedule into a temp folder.

To me (a computer science guy) it seems that it in the case of having the video imported plays the video with windows' video player, but that it tries to play the video exported from a schedule with quicktime (which is quite outdated, and seems like you removed since you removed the "install quicktime" option from the "help" menu)

This is a problem as we create schedules on one pc, and use them on another one.

How was your service impacted? None

How was your preparation time impacted? I had to debug and install quicktime, which was hard to figure out would fix it.

Step by step instructions on how to reproduce the bug: As described above.

Login to post a comment