[Equipment Configurations] Recommended Graphics Card

I'm wondering if you can please give a recommendation for an Nvidia GeFore GTX graphics card with 4 outputs that would comfortably meet the pro requirements for EasyWorship 6? Perhaps one that has been specifically tested for EW6. Also, would there be an equivalent ATI Radeon card that would meet the PRO requirements?

Thanks!

They don't test with every possible video card available. There only two GPU (Graphics Processing Unit) chipset manufacturers of consequence, NVIDIA and AMD. So they should set a baseline on performance with a model and benchmark number.

Video benchmarks can be found here: [url:39d7ngzx]http://www.videocardbenchmark.net/gpu_list.php

The vague specification of NVIDIA GeForce GTX Surround Technology implies any GTX 500 or higher card will be acceptable. The benchmark number for a GTX 550 Ti of 1924 would be lowest acceptable.

So a video card like the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 750 with a 3275 rating would comfortably exceed the Pro requirements. As would the AMD Radeon R7 260X with a 3039 rating also comfortably surpass it.

Newegg.com has dozens of video cards that would be good enough. Finding one with four output ports that meets your needs is up to you (or your installer.)

Sample GTX 750: [url:39d7ngzx]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814125677

Sample R7 260X: [url:39d7ngzx]http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150689
I've been trying to use a PC with an AMD Radeon HD 7870 installed (Passmark = 4256) at full HD resolution on 3 screens and getting 8 second refresh times.
I've also used a PC with a GeForce GTX 650 installed (Passmark = 1836) with 2 x hd screens and control screen at 1024x768 and getting sub 1 second.

It seems to me that the speed issue is not the processing power of the video card but some feature within the chip set that makes the difference. Could we have some input from Easyworship on this?
Yes, I'm also still hoping to hear from EasyWorship on this. I'd be interested to know if there is a particular video card that they have successfully tested with for the pro requirements.
I am very interested also. With the release of EW6, I feel I need more desktop space to comfortable run it than 2009. That means I would like to add another monitor but my card only has the two outputs. One for the current monitor and one that goes to the Matrox box to do front of house and foldback.

I guess I could buy another Matrox box to split the control screen into two, but would prefer removing all Matrox boxes and using a four output video card.

EW, please let us know what you think.
I used the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 on the computer I recently built for my church. It has four outputs and does a good job with foldback and anything else I throw at it.
Some of the slowness issue will be fixed with the release of 6.1.7, which will be out soon.
I don't have an AMD card that I would recommend. Our developers have specifically requested that we only recommend NVIDIA.
There is also this. Makes me think AMD cards might not work so well with it

viewtopic.php?f=51&t=13884
I used the NVIDIA Geforce GTX 760 on the computer I recently built for my church. It has four outputs and does a good job with foldback and anything else I throw at it.
Some of the slowness issue will be fixed with the release of 6.1.7, which will be out soon.
I don't have an AMD card that I would recommend. Our developers have specifically requested that we only recommend NVIDIA.

How much memory on that 760 card? Looks like it comes in either 2GB or 4GB.
This is the card I bought. Of course it's out of stock.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127772
EasyWorship won't need 2GB of video memory.
The video processor and connections on the card are more important to me.
I needed a card that I could connect everything up via vga.
This is the card I bought. Of course it's out of stock.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.a ... 6814127772
EasyWorship won't need 2GB of video memory.
The video processor and connections on the card are more important to me.
I needed a card that I could connect everything up via vga.

Wait, that card does not have a VGA connection and only 1 DVI.
Sorry,
Forgot to say that I purchased two mini dp to vga adapters to connect up all of my vga connections.

Have the developers ever figured out what the problem(s) with AMD/ATI graphics cards is/are? I need to upgrade the graphics card in our church's computer, but don't relish switching from AMD/ATI to nVidia. Nothing against nVidia, in fact the lower power usage and cooler running of the Maxwell chips make it an appealing option for a new install. But I've normally run into issues switching from AMD/ATI to nVidia or vice verse on an established system. It has normally required a fresh OS install for absolute stability no matter how well the old drivers have been cleaned out, and I do not want to have to go thru that on this system so an AMD solution would be highly preferred unless it's going to have performance issues. Heck, if I had known when I built this system a couple of years ago that EW6 was going to need an nVidia card I would have gone that route then instead of the current AMD card that we went with on the recommendation of EW.

Sorry, but EW6 has been out for 6 months now and you have known that there is a problem with AMD/ATI cards for longer than that so what is the holdup in figuring out what the issue is? Has anyone consulted with AMD about this to see if they have any insight?
The AMD card slowness was due to the fact that AMD wants content rendered completely opposite of NVIDIA. This has been resolve as far as I know. While working at EW I have switched between AMD and NVIDIA cards regularly without negative impact. You do have to uninstall the drivers of the card you are removing. I have found that AMD will sometimes leave a service behind that has to be removed. What AMD card are you using?
I have been reading the above comments regarding AMD video cards but I am not clear as to whether or not ours will work. We are currently running EW2009 with an AMD Radeon 7570. Does this have any chance of working well with EW6? All other computer specs appear to meet the requirements.
The RADEON HD 7570 is a lower performing graphics card, PassMark rating 908. For comparison the newer R7 260 (2796) and R9 280 (4177) are significantly faster as is NVIDIA GTX 750Ti (3690).

Since EW6 has much more demanding graphics requirements you should download a trial version of EW6 to check out your performance directly.