Exclamation Mark on PowerPoint Presentation
Modified on: Thu, 23 May, 2019 at 5:49 PM
If you see an exclamation mark on a PowerPoint, this means that the software doesn't think it has access to the PowerPoint file in order to play it.
This can happen if you add a PowerPoint to your schedule from an external drive like a flash drive and unplug it before saving the schedule. In this case, you'll only have the PowerPoint thumbails and the slideshow will not play. In this instance it's best to reconnect the flash drive, add the slideshow to the schedule and save the schedule. Then you may remove the flash drive from the computer.
If you are trying to import a PowerPoint presentation into EasyWorship and they come in with a exclamation mark, this is most likely due to EasyWorship not having access to your PowerPoint software that is installed on your computer.
Please make sure you do have PowerPoint installed on the computer before trying to import PowerPoint presentations into EasyWorship. EasyWorship uses the PowerPoint program to access the presentation files and present them on your live output.
You could also receive the exclamation mark if you only have Microsoft Office Desktop Apps installed on your computer, but not have the full desktop version of Microsoft Office installed.
Here is a link to another article that will help you check for this and help resolve this issue:
If you do have the full desktop version of Office or PowerPoint installed on the computer and are still getting that exclamation mark on the PowerPoint presentation, you will need to run a repair on your installation of PowerPoint or Microsoft Office to fix this issue. To run the repair please follow the steps below:
- Close out of EasyWorship
- Open your Windows Control Panel
- In the Windows Control Panel select the option to Uninstall a program
- In the list of installed programs find your Microsoft Office or PowerPoint program and click on it
- After you highlight the program select the option to Change or Repair
- In the Change Office window select the option to Repair and select Continue
- Allow the repair process to complete and restart the computer if you are prompted to do so
- Once the computer comes back up launch EasyWorship and try importing a PowerPoint presentation again
In some cases, the presentations database could be corrupted. Only follow these steps if other attempts to resolve the issue do not work.
If you can add a PowerPoint to the schedule and the thumbnail appears, but get an exclamation mark when adding a PowerPoint to the presentations area, try the following to resolve the issue.
- If you have any EasyWorship presentations, please select them, right click and export them to the desktop.
- Rename the Presentations folder located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default (your EW Profile folder)\Resources\ to Old Presentations
- Then go to the data folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default (your EW Profile folder)\v6.1\Databases\Data
- Rename the presentations files. Presentations.db, PresentationLayouts.db and PresentationKeys.db
- Open EW and add the presentations from the old presentation folder and any EasyWorship Presentations you exported.