Exclamation Mark On PowerPoint Presentation
Modified on: Thu, 19 Nov, 2020 at 11:37 AM
If you are trying to import a PowerPoint presentation into EasyWorship and it loads with an exclamation mark, this is most likely due to EasyWorship not having access to your PowerPoint program that is installed on the computer.
Please make sure you do have PowerPoint installed on the computer before trying to import PowerPoint presentations into EasyWorship. EasyWorship uses the PowerPoint program to access the presentation files and present them on your live output.
If you add a PowerPoint to your schedule from an external drive, like a USB flash drive and unplug it before saving the schedule, that can create this issue. In this case, you'll only have the PowerPoint thumbnails and the slideshow will not play.
Follow the steps below to resolve the issue:
- Reconnect the flash drive,.
- Add the PowerPoint presentation to the schedule.
- Save the schedule.
- Then you may remove the flash drive from the computer.
You could also receive the exclamation mark if you only have Microsoft Office Desktop Apps installed on your computer, but do not have the full desktop version of Microsoft Office installed.
Here is a link to another article that will help you check for this and help resolve this issue:
If you do have the full desktop version of Office or PowerPoint installed on the computer and are still getting that exclamation mark on the PowerPoint presentation, you will need to run a Quick Repair on your installation of PowerPoint or Microsoft Office to fix this issue.
To run the Quick Repair, please follow the steps below:
- Close out of EasyWorship.
- Open your Windows Control Panel.
- In the Windows Control Panel, select the option to Uninstall a program.
- In the list of installed programs, find your Microsoft Office or PowerPoint program and click on it.
- After you highlight the program select the option to Change or Repair.
- In the Change Office window, select the option to do a Quick Repair and select Continue.
- Allow the Repair process to complete and restart the computer if you are prompted to do so.
- Once the computer reboots, launch EasyWorship and try importing a PowerPoint presentation again.
In some cases, the Presentations database of EasyWorship could be corrupted.
Only follow these steps if other attempts to resolve the issue do not work:
- If you have any EasyWorship presentations, in EasyWorship, click on the Presentations tab, and then select the EasyWorship presentations, right-click on each one and export them to the Desktop.
- Rename the Presentations folder located at C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default (your EW Profile folder)\Resources\ to Old Presentations.
- Then go to the data folder C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\Default (your EW Profile folder)\v6.1\Databases\Data.
- Rename the presentations files: Presentations.db, PresentationLayouts.db and PresentationKeys.db by adding a 1 to the end of the filenames. (Ex. Presentations1.db, PresentationLayouts1.db, and PresentationKeys1.db)
- Open EasyWorship and add the presentations from the Old Presentations folder and any EasyWorship Presentations you exported.
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact EasyWorship Support.