NIV 1984 No longer availsble for purchase

I purchased the NIV Bile 1984 version some time ago. When I went to pull up Scriptures in the NIV the screen was blank except for this message.

"The NIV is no longer available for purchase. "

In the Easy Worship software it confirms that the NIV was already purchased. It is not right for them to remove the NIV 1984 just because they made a new updated version. I already purchased it once. I will not purchase it again.

If anyone has any ideas how to fix this I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Wanda

It is my understanding that the publisher of the NIV Bibles, who own the rights to it, no longer allow older versions to be sold. It isn't something that EW or any other outlet has any control of. That said, Our Church purchased it way back when and it's still in our EW library (I just checked a minute ago to verify). The last time I setup a new computer I was able to download it to that computer as long as it was logged into the Church account, but that has been a couple of years and every computer I have access to already has it installed and accessible so I don't have a way of checking that.

Think of it like this. If you purchased a printed copy of the book back in 2010 when it was still available, then that copy was lost, stolen, or damaged last year. The publisher is not going to replace it for you. You would need to purchase the current version. That's what is happening here. As long as you keep the download version in your EW Profile, it will stay there. If you delete it, or use a different profile it may not still be available to download and it definitely won't be able to purchase. You might look to see if you have access to an older existing EW Profile that already has it downloaded and copy that profile to the system that is having this issue.

Please note that I do not work for EW, nor do I have any special or behind the scenes knowledge. I'm just a user attempting to help other users as I can. You might was to go to the top of this page and click on the Support link towards the right hand side of the screen and then click on the New Support Ticket link to start a support ticket with actual EW Support personnel. They would be better able to assist you as they have access to your account information that should not be posted in an open forum post like this. Unfortunately they are closed for the weekend and won't be able to help you until Monday the 12th during regulat business hours between 9am and 6pm CST.

NIV1984.JPG
(151 KB)

Your purchased bibles should show up on your account here https://www.easyworship.com/account/licenses 

and if nothing else you should be able to download the file for that Bible version and install it manually. (Unless something has changed)

If you did purchase that bible when it was available, then it will be available to you as a download as long as you're signed into EasyWorship under the same account that the bible was purchased under.

Upon reading my original post I realized I may have sounded a bit terse. My sincerest apologies! I appreciate the feedback and I will try your suggestions immediately.

Thank you Wanda. If you still can't get it to work, contact our orders department and Leslie will get it straightened out for you.

orders@easyworship.com

Login to post a comment