Choose a different color for the Black Screen *per output*

How would you like the feature to work? 

I would like to be able to choose the screen color per output when you press Black. On the FOH, black is ok. But on the alternate output, I would like to be able to choose a different color (in my case green).     

Why is this feature important to you?

For subtitles (songs and scriptures), we use a specific alternate theme for the alternate output with a green background and text on lower thirds. The text is white with a black border.
In the ATEM we filter the green out so we have a perfect subtitle on our streams on the live stream. This works great.

However, if the EW operator clicks on "black", the alternate output becomes black as well. And that is not wat we want. We would like the subtitles to disappear, but we do not want the alternate screen to become black.

If we can choose the color for "Black" specifically per video output (in this case the alternate output), then this would work perfect.

You might say: why not filter out the black in the ATEM? This is possible, but then also the black text outline on the subtitles disappears, and for readability a white text with black outline is best.

2 people like this idea
Login to post a comment