Schedule Items not being moved to correct order sequence when dragging with mouse

EW Version 7.4.0.8 Windows 10 Del M4800 Laptop

Has anyone else experienced this strange behaviour?  Asking here before raising a ticket on it. 

For a while now I and my fellow EW 'techie' - same build, different laptop have experienced an issue where if we want to change the order of items in a schedule we would click and drag the item using normal left mouse key drag behaviour. The selected item is picked up and the horizontal 'cursor' bar duly moves up or down indicating the place where the item would b e dropped into.   However, when we drop the item into the desired place it goes instead to another location, usually, but not always, to one item above where the location cursor bar points to. For example I have Schedule items 1 through 7. Lets say I want to drag Item 7 to be between items 2 and 3. I click on item 7 and drag so cursor bar is between items 2 an d 3. I release the mouse button and item drops into........between items 1 & 2 !

If I use the move up or move down in the Schedule context menu it works fine.  This behaviour also seems a bit random, sometimes it will work correctly, sometimes it will place the item several items away from the desired place. 

To try and troubleshoot I made and saved separate schedule files for each single item. I then created a new, blank schedule and dragged each single item schedule file back in  - A merge if you will.   The drag issue was then ok. But now, preparing a new schedule for Sunday upcoming, the problem is back again.  As I say, another user, same version, different machine is also seeing this strange behaviour.

Thoughts anyone?

Blessings 

1 person has this question

We also have the same problem, is it an issue between windows 10 and Easyworship 7? It doesn't happen on my windows 11 computer.

We have the same problem. We noticed it first when adding new items to a schedule. The item will be added above the last item rather than at the bottom. The behaviour if you systems is exactly like ours.
Our system behaves exactly the same way. We have done everything you have done, with the same results. We have also noticed our system lock up twice during our last worship rehearsal.

I Have had this happen a few times before. Not very often. I haven't put any work into figuring it out. But it's never been aq constant thing for me. It's only done that to a handful of schedules to me throughout

the years. 

I did a new installation, my computer runs Windows 11 pro (Dell i7). This problem is also on my computerI have to use ‘Move item Up/Down” (richt click mouse) to get the right position.

mp4
(19.9 MB)
We have found this happens when we reuse an existing schedule. If we create a new schedule we can drag and drop items where we want them in the schedule.
Is this when I use an EW6 schedule as basis in EW7. Or always. A EW7 old basis schedule, to a new EW7 schedule with changes .

Yes I still have the same problem when I try to re-use an existing schedule. So I have to start over each time... which is really annoying.

Hi all, it would be great if you were able to attach a schedule that you're having this issue with so we can look at it.

It would be even better if with that schedule, you could have a video or a step by step of what you did in creating the schedule when this started happening.

Thanks!

We've had the same problem for quite a while now with EZW6 and I just figured it was time to upgrade.  Well, we finally did and we're experiencing the same issue.  when I drag items from a folder into EZW or try to re-order them it seems to quite randomly place them somewhere else or it might re-order other schedule elements.  The only way to get "expected" results is to drag items from bottom to top - that seems to work consistently.  But then if we have to replace any item, we need to re-scan for random changes and re-order (always dragging from bottom to top) one at a time until it is correct again.

Would appreciate a fix for this one.  Thanks. 

Hi Dan, Thanks for your response. I regret I can't easily video my process but here are the step by steps that I normally use. I'm attaching links to 2 schedule files - The file 2022_10_30_AM.ews seems to be 'clean'. i.e. I can move things around in that schedule and they drop in where I want them. The 2nd file is 2022_11_06_AM exhibits the problem on some, but not all items. Re-ordering the songs seems to cause the problem, some of the other items, as the Reading and #CT, the children's talk slide (the orange one) don't always drag correctly, but, perversely sometimes do. YMMV. The build steps I usually take.

1 Open a schedule, usually previous weeks schedule.

2 Save As - the wanted date in format yyyy_mm_dd_AM (or PM)

3.Using new schedule - Remove all the Songs from the schedule

4 Check and add/remove any notice slide from the Welcome Roller (First Item), the static Notices presentation (2nd Item) and the End Roller (Last Item)

5 Edit the #CTW (Call to Worship) Slide(s) - Cut and Paste new scripture Text. NOTE - We import all our scripture text from an external plain text source because we use the NIV 1984 text, no longer as an available EW Bible

6 Edit the Reading slide(s) - Again we cut and paste text into the slides from external plain text source. NOTE also that the Reading Item is actually a 'Song' and we split up our Bible passage into several slides.

7 Edit the Sermon Presentation slides directly. Copy and Paste in Sermon preaching points.

8 Edit the slide in the Welcome Roller that has the Sermon Title, passage and preacher detail

9 Select Songs and add to schedule, usually with a double mouse click - All added to the bottom of the schedule

10 Drag each song to its correct place in the schedule order - This is often a point where our problem shows up. If unable to drop correctly, use the context menu to move up or down as required.

10 Save and then run through the service schedule with a custom display on my laptop to check all

Note - Schedule is saved frequently during the schedule 'build', usually after items are added or changed. From experience, we sometimes have EW "Not Responding" which means a close and re-open so I try to save often. Occasionally, the "Not responding" occurs on a save attempt, which means weve lost the last edit.

Because we build and check offline, at home we very rarely have any issues during live service - on the few occasions we take items out of order we just select from the schedule rather than try to re-arrange in a live service.

Hope this is of some help. For information - I did raise a ticket on this #125789 and Eric has responded suggesting starting with a clean build each week. I did do that but still saw the erratic behaviour on the November 6th build.

Blessings

Peter

Links to schedule files (cannot upload due to size limitations)

https://hopehudd-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/peter_godfrey_hopechurchhd_org/ESA0uBFh9uBAtueb1xXUjcABNptOqwwvfJBT0Q6utZ-aKQ?e=PXDyMk

https://hopehudd-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/peter_godfrey_hopechurchhd_org/EVzJ6ahNZVZHhSAGJVt-fqgBYXJnZ0msH-ZxsAymRh_tyg?e=1QISD8

We have the same issue when we use the previous weeks schedule and delete the songs and scripture leaving welcome and announcement slides then add current songs and scripture and use save as to change the schedule name. If we start with a new schedule this does not happen.

Thank you for posting steps and schedules! Our developers are looking into this issue further and this will definitely help.

Thanks Dan. Blessings Peter
Login to post a comment