MP4 videos (both homemade and purchased) are jumpy and voice/video not synced

Lately we are having issues playing MP4 videos that we have imported into EZ worship. Some work just fine while others are terribly jumpy and the sound & video are not in sync. Can't seem to figure out why some work and some don't. Help!!

Hi!

I need to know the build number of EW that you are running and also you computer specifications. 

Our computer is an HP Pavilion dv7, intel i7. 6GB RAM, 64 bit processor.  Windows 10 Home. We are using EZ worship 7, build 7.2.2.0.

And I noticed we don't have the latest EZ worship version; I am downloading that now...

Click on the Windows icon (Start menu) at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen,

Type in "DXDIAG" and click on 'DXDIAG.exe' or 'DXDIAG run command',

Click Yes when a yes/no question appears,

Click on Save All Information.. at the bottom-right of the DXDIAG window,

Save the information under and obvious name such as "dxdiagoutput",

Attach the saved file here

1 person likes this

Hopefully I did this right!

txt

That laptop uses the default integrated Intel graphics that is not supported by EW. Your best option is to revert back to EW 7 build 7.1.4.2. That is available at the bottom of the EW7 download page. All of the 7.2.x.x series of EW uses more of your graphics to display EW, with 7.2.2.0 being the worst. It is possible that 7.2.3.0 might work okay, but I wouldn't count on it as a long term solution.

Thank you for giving us some options! 

So our laptop is several years old - would moving to a new(er) laptop fix this problem?

It depends. Newer doesn't always mean faster or more powerful. Many newer laptops are designed to give better battery life so you can use it longer between charges. These tend to be slower and less powerful than a higher end laptop from 2012/13 like your HP. Essentially if it used Intel graphics no, it won't be enough of an upgrade. What you need is a laptop with Nvidia graphics that meets or exceeds the recommended requirements on the EW Support Page entitled "System Requirements For EasyWorship". And you need the RECOMMENDED specs. The Minimum specs aren't realistic for projecting videos or motion backgrounds using EW in a Sanctuary, especially at 1080p.

And moving to EW7 build 7.1.4.2 will help a lot. We use a couple of Thinkpads in our children's Church and our teen area that have very similar specs to your HP and they work quite well with 7.1.4.2, but we don't use the Foldback Monitor option. The Foldback Monitor pushes them a bit too much.

Thank you SO much for the advice, Donal. I was thinking about switching to a newer laptop (that we already have) but it doesn't sound like it will help us much. I appreciate you taking the time to give us some excellent suggestions!

Run that DXDiag on it like you did with the other laptop and we can look at the specs and provide some advice on whether it would be much of an improvement or not.

Also, make sure to go into the Power Settings in the Control Panel and set the Power Plan to Performance. This is critical on a laptop as they normally come set to Power Saver which is designed to enhance battery life by sacrificing performance by as much as 50% or more. 

So I tried to revert back to the previous version of EZ worship 7 without success. I couldn't seem to find it on the download page. : ( 

It's at the very bottom of the page.

Sucesss!! And yes, it makes a big difference when playing our MP4 videos. I just find it strange that some videos work just fine and others don't (under the most current build...)

So does this mean we need to ignore all future EZ 7 builds??  

Also, I'm attaching a dxdiag file from our other worship laptop for you to look at. I REALLY appreciate your help with this.

txt
Login to post a comment