[iOS Remote] PowerPoint Problems

Seems loading PowerPoints while using the app lock up the preview and it stops changing. When going live with a PP, I tend to get a black screen on the preview in the app. I can still control it, but the preview is black.

PowerPoint would be one of our biggest uses for this app for when presenters want to control their own. Hopefully this can worked out.

FYI I am using the second version of the app.

I cannot get PowerPoint to preview at all anymore.
Are you still having this issue after a system reboot?
Can you attach a schedule you are using or email it directly to me?
Which version of PowerPoint are you using or are you using the viewer?
Using PowerPoint 2016. As it is now, No PowerPoints will show in the Preview Window. I can see all the slides and can change them, but the preview is black. Happens on all PowerPoints.
Also, it happens on both an iPhone and iPad. Both are using the version 2.
If you go live with a powerpoint from the presentations tab does it do the same thing?
If you create a schedule and pack it, does it do the same thing?
EW is showing the output, just not the iOS app, right?
If you go live with a powerpoint from the presentations tab does it do the same thing?
If you create a schedule and pack it, does it do the same thing?
EW is showing the output, just not the iOS app, right?

Neither of those changed anything. Yes, EW is showing/working just fine. Just a black preview image on the app.
Can you try installing PowerPoint 2010 viewer and see if it updates the app properly?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=13
Can you try installing PowerPoint 2010 viewer and see if it updates the app properly?
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=13

With things running pretty good right now, I am a little hesitant to install the Viewer.

Do PowerPoints preview correctly on your app? I have tried it with four different computers and none will preview PowerPoint.
We don't have any issues with viewer, but with PowerPoint 2016, we are seeing some issues. I've created a bug report for the developers to check it out. We believe it's not the app, but the screen capture it's sending from EW to the app.
We use to use Viewer all the time but switched over to full PP back when we started using EW6. Seems like I recall that being the recommended Way and we also had some issues with the Viewer.

Really do not want to go back to using it.

Some more testing I had the first slide of the PP show in the preview but would not change to any others. Then when I went live with another PP, the same first slide from the first PP showed in the preview.
The developers seem to have resolved the issues with viewer that we had in the past on version 6. There was an issue with thumbnails if I remember correctly. From my testing it's been solid and it seems to fix the flicker issue and the app issue.
However I do understand the reluctance to switch right before sunday service.
Not to mention how old Viewer is. Do you know if MS plans on releasing and newer versions?
As far as I can tell, MS isn't going to make a new viewer.
I guess that makes getting this working with full PP a priority!