[v7 General Discussion] Powerpoint outputs black over NDI

I have set EW7 to output to NDI Stream, but when I try show a Powerpoint presention it just outputs black (the preview also shows black even though I can select slides). If I change the output to Monitor 1 or 2, I can then output Powerpoing presentations, but obviously they're not going to my NDI Stream.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

What are the computer specifications? Are they meeting the recommended ?
Does EW output other media - songs, videos, Scripture etc. via the NDI output, or does this only happen with PP?

First, I would set EW back to a normal output - eg. projector. Check and see if the PP shows correctly. If not, you have some other issue. Does this happen only with the one PP or with all PP's? Have you tried opening that PP directly into PP? The file just may be a bit dodgy or not built correctly.

IF the PP shows OK when using a regular output but not when you select the NDI output you could try this trick:

Go to the vMix. com website, download and install the Desktop Capture utility that is shown in the downloads area. It is free and when installed will output, via NDI, [i]anything [/i]you have on [i]any[/i] screen connected to your computer - or even individual windows. Use EW as normal but have this teensy little utility running at the same time and you can pick up any of the 3 screens that EW produces into your NDI enabled video mixer software - vMix, OBS, NDI Studio Monitor or other software. I have been using this method long before EW was NDI enabled itself.

Once you have this installed, you can pick up the output of EW whether it is a PP or any other media.

The computer meets the recommended specifications:
[list=]
  • [*]Core-i7 2.70Ghz (4 CPUs)

• [*]8GB RAM

• [*]DirectX12

• [*]NVidia GeForce 930MX 2GB

• [/list]

Does EW output other media - songs, videos, Scripture etc. via the NDI output, or does this only happen with PP?

First, I would set EW back to a normal output - eg. projector. Check and see if the PP shows correctly. If not, you have some other issue. Does this happen only with the one PP or with all PP's? Have you tried opening that PP directly into PP? The file just may be a bit dodgy or not built correctly.

All other outputs (songs etc.) to the NDI work perfectly, it only happens with PP's. It happens with all PP's. I even opened the presentation and saved it in different versions of PP to see if that would make a difference. I tried setting EW to use the Powerpoint Viewer instead of full powerpoint but that didn't help.

IF the PP shows OK when using a regular output but not when you select the NDI output you could try this trick:

Go to the vMix. com website, download and install the Desktop Capture utility that is shown in the downloads area. It is free and when installed will output, via NDI, [i]anything [/i]you have on [i]any[/i] screen connected to your computer - or even individual windows. Use EW as normal but have this teensy little utility running at the same time and you can pick up any of the 3 screens that EW produces into your NDI enabled video mixer software - vMix, OBS, NDI Studio Monitor or other software. I have been using this method long before EW was NDI enabled itself.

Once you have this installed, you can pick up the output of EW whether it is a PP or any other media.

I did try this option and it did work, however, this wakes up a different problem in that the vMix utility always outputs a background, so when I send songs to the stream, instead of having no background and you can see the band etc. behind the lyrics, you get a black background. I suppose this can be worked around, but it isn't ideal for me.

The computer meets the recommended specifications:
    [list=]
  • [*]Core-i7 2.70Ghz (4 CPUs)

• [*]8GB RAM

• [*]DirectX12

• [*]NVidia GeForce 930MX 2GB

• [/list]

I hate to tell you this, but the 930MX does NOT meet the recommended specs. It meets the miinimum specs, but NDI requires Recommended specs of at least a GTX1050.

I hate to tell you this, but the 930MX does NOT meet the recommended specs. It meets the miinimum specs, but NDI requires Recommended specs of at least a GTX1050.

I hate to tell you this :wink: but we have the exact same problem as the OP and our graphics card is Geforce GTX 1060 6GB, so the problem is unlikely to be our graphics card. To clarify, we are sending NDI output to OBS (which is then overlaid on a captured camera) and it works perfectly until we try and show a MS Powerpoint file from EZW (version 7). The powerpoint file fails to show up *at all* via NDI. Our workaround at the moment is to save the powerpoint as a series of static PNGs, and import those into the EZW schedule instead of the PPT file itself, which works OK, but is tedious and not very elegant.

Has any succeeded in sending PPTs from EZW via NDI on Windows 10?