[v7 General Discussion] Full Screen Videos off the Web

I am evaluating EW 7 for our church. Recently, we had a problem with a tribute video for a funeral and our DVD player. The tribute video was also available online, but we had no way to access it.

I've downloaded an evaluation copy of EW 7 and tried to use the web feature to view the tribute video. This worked great until I tried to "full screen" the video. I am able to do this on the website, but when I save the video to the schedule, it goes back to the reduced size with all of the funeral home advertisement around it. I can view it that way only.

Is there a way to get the "full size" video off the web for funeral services?

Thanks,

Brad

Are you able to send the link so that I can test it here?
Yes.... Here it is

I am having one other problem. Can I add videos off the Demo version of the software? I have tried from my hard drive, but no dialog box comes up asking for the file location, only asking for a new folder or collection.

Thanks again,

Brad
I am having one other problem. Can I add videos off the Demo version of the software? I have tried from my hard drive, but no dialog box comes up asking for the file location, only asking for a new folder or collection.

Please disregard this..... as it usually happens.... right after I ask the question I figure it out...... I have not figured out the enlarging of the web video though........
Hi,

Thanks for checking out EasyWorship. The problem with the online video is that when you schedule it, it schedules the link to the webpage url. When you click the full screen button, it doesn't generate a full screen url that EasyWorship can load, so EasyWorship is going to load whatever is on that page, and you would have to move the mouse out to the second screen and click the full screen button. We would have to be able to make an API call to the webpage to tell it to play full screen. I don't think this is something that this webpage designer intended. We can do this with youtube, because they have an api that allows us to tell the video to play full screen. EasyWorship does play DVDs. I recommend using the DVD that the funeral home provides, or if they can provide the mp4 file on flash drive, that would be even better. You will need to install the DScaler video decoder from the following link to play DVDs.
After you add this to the schedule and go live with it you will need to move your mouse out to the screen and start the video and then click the Go full screen option on that website. This video is embedded on the website.
Thank you very much. I'll give er a try. We are currently using EW 2009 and find its getting a bit long in the tooth. The pastor here is about ready to pull the trigger and wanted me to check out a couple of things.

https://support.easyworship.com/support ... nd-viewers So after the install of version 7, I'll need to install the DScaler?? Can I install it on the demo to try it out?
After you add this to the schedule and go live with it you will need to move your mouse out to the screen and start the video and then click the Go full screen option on that website. This video is embedded on the website.

Got it.... Thanks Terry. For some reason we are having issues with the DVD's from the funeral home loading into the players, so we are looking for other solutions. Both the mp4's and online videos are great options. The video autostarted and I was hoping not to have to slide the mouse over, but I see what you're saying. Thanks again
So after the install of version 7, I'll need to install the DScaler?? Can I install it on the demo to try it out?

You can install DScaler at any time. You can use it with the demo to try it out.
A couple of things I have done with videos like this is to use one of the Video Downloader extensions or add-ons for Firefox to download the video, save it to the computer, then play that file. I also use Handbrake to rip the video from a DVD to a .MP4 file on the hard drive and play that. That comes in real handy if you have several DVD clips from different disks during the same service. Both of those options use free software.