Error Executing SQL "INSERT INTO Word"...Column Song_ID Is Not Unique
Modified on: Fri, 5 Feb, 2021 at 1:08 PM
You may receive this error when you have your EasyWorship database stored on a cloud server like Dropbox, OneDrive, Google Drive, etc. EasyWorship does not support storing your database on a cloud server due to it corrupting your EasyWorship database.
EasyWorship does not lock the database file at the file level, it locks at the record level. This allows our customers to share their database on a local network and allow multiple users to access and update the database. However, cloud servers work on a file level. When you have more than one person accessing the database, you get conflict copies and then you end up with one of the databases out of sync with another database in the profile folder. This is why we don't support or recommend storing the database in the cloud. When we do have a cloud solution, we will be using a file based system that prevents issues like this.
The EasyWorship database will need to be stored on the local hard drive of your computer, instead of on the cloud server.
You will need to contact EasyWorship Support to assist you with fixing this issue.
You can reach Phone Support by calling +1-918-250-1493, or you can schedule a callback by going to www.easyworship.com/book.
If you need to transfer your entire EasyWorship database from one computer to another, here is a link to an article to help you transfer the database: Transfer EasyWorship Profile
If you are needing to merge the songs from one computer to another, without overwriting the existing song database, then follow these steps:
- On the original computer that you have the songs you are wanting to transfer, open EasyWorship.
- Drag your songs into the schedule.
- Save the schedule file to a USB flash drive.
- Plug the USB flash drive into the new computer and access that flash drive.
- Copy over the EasyWorship schedule file to the desktop and open that schedule from the desktop by double-clicking on it.
- Once EasyWorship is open, right-click anywhere in the schedule.
- In the drop-down, click on Check Schedule for Changes.
- Click the Import button at the bottom of the window.
- Now your songs will be imported into the new computer without erasing the existing songs.
If you still need further assistance, please contact EasyWorship Support.