Display Foldback (Stage Display)
Modified on: Wed, 27 Jan, 2021 at 9:42 AM
In this article:
- What Is Display Foldback?
- Hardware Options
- Setup for NVIDIA GeForce GTX Video Card (Recommended)
- Setup for the Matrox DualHead2Go
- Matrox DualHead2Go Connection Examples
If you want to take advantage of the Stage Display (Foldback) feature in EasyWorship, this article will explain what you need to get started along with step-by-step setup instructions.
What Is Display Foldback?
Your audience is first, but your stage needs support, too. While the audience sees the presentation on the main screens, Stage Display lets the stage see a custom display with the current presentation or video, a preview of the next scheduled item, a clock and private alerts. This goes for PowerPoint presentations as well. EasyWorship even lets the stage see variable thumbnails for previous, current and next slide with PowerPoint files.
In order to use Display Foldback in EasyWorship, you will need one of the following hardware solutions:
- Desktop Computer: NVIDIA GTX video cards are recommended because they offer the ability to use one video card to support three to four screens. This configuration provides the best performance and easiest configuration.
- Laptop Computer: We recommend using a laptop with a NVIDIA GTX video card, but normally you will only have one video port on the laptop. A Matrox DualHead2Go box is required to connect the front of house and foldback screens to the laptop.
- See the System Requirements for EasyWorship. This will help you to find the best video cards to use for Stage Display purposes. You can order any one of these online from NewEgg.com or amazon.com.
Setup for NVIDIA GeForce GTX Video Card
Setup video card and Windows
- Connect the front of house video cable to one of the video ports on the video card.
- Connect the foldback video cable to another video port on the video card.
- Extend the Windows desktop to the secondary and third monitors. (Watch Video)
- In EasyWorship, click the Edit menu, then Options.
- Under Live Options, click the Output Monitor dropdown, then select the monitor you wish to use for the Front of House display.
- Click Foldback on the left,
- Check the box to "Enable support for display Foldback (stage display)."
- Under Select Output Monitor, select the monitor you wish to use for Display Foldback.
- Click OK.
- Display Foldback has been configured.
Setup for the Matrox DualHead2Go
We recommend using the Matrox DualHead2Go only when you are using a laptop. The Matrox DualHead2Go spans the windows desktop across two monitors. Since the monitors appear in Windows as a double wide monitor and not two separate monitors, it takes a little more work to setup EasyWorship to use the DualHead2Go.
Can I use different sized monitors?
Compatibility is determined by resolution, not screen size. Although you can use different sized monitors, all displays connected to DualHead2Go must run at the same resolution and refresh rate. To get the most of your Matrox product, we recommend you use two identical monitors (that is, monitors of the same size, display resolution, and refresh rate).
Setup DualHead2Go and Windows
Complete the following steps before attempting to setup EasyWorship to use the Matrox DualHead2Go.
- Connect the Matrox DualHead2Go to your laptop using the instructions provided from the manufacturer.
- Connect the Front of House screen (what the audience sees) to port 1 and the Foldback screen (what the stage sees) to port 2 on the DualHead2Go.
- If you are using the TripleHead2Go, connect to ports 1 and 3.
- Extend the Windows Desktop to the second screen. Under Multiple Displays, select Extend these displays.
- Make sure both screens are using the same resolution.
- Now select the 2nd screen, and it should give you an option to select a double wide screen resolution.
(Contact Matrox support if the second screen doesn't appear with a Double Wide resolution like: 2048 x 768, 1440 x 720, 2560 x 1024, 3840 x 1080...)
After the DualHead2Go is connected and configured as a double wide monitor, you can setup EasyWorship to use it as an output for the Front of House and Foldback screens. Be sure to read through all of these instructions and examine the example below. These instructions assume that you connected the Front of House to port 1 on the DualHead2Go.
- Open EasyWorship.
- Click on Edit, and then Options.
- Click in the Output Monitor drop-down, and select the monitor marked (Secondary).
- Under Output Position on the right, change the width to half of the number displayed.
- Add the Left Position and Width together to the get the Left position for Foldback for step 8.
- Click on Foldback on the left.
- Check the box to Enable support for display Foldback (stage display).
- Under Custom Position, change the Left position to the number you got from step 5.
- Change the Width, Height, and Top to match the Live Output settings.
- Click OK to apply the changes.
- Foldback is now setup to work with the Matrox DualHead2Go.
Matrox DualHead2Go Connection Examples
The Matrox DualHead2Go can support a maximum of two outputs: either two Front of House outputs or one Front of House output and one Display Foldback output. If you need a Display Foldback output as well as two Front of House outputs, you'll need to add a splitter to your setup. Here are two illustrations that show the Matrox DualHead2Go without a splitter (for Display Foldback and one Front of House output) and with a splitter (providing Display Foldback and two Front of House outputs).
Without a Splitter
With a Splitter
In the diagram below, a switcher has been added to the configuration, allowing you to show either the Foldback view on the Foldback screen or the Front of House view on the Foldback screen.
If you still need further assistance,, please contact EasyWorship Support.