EW6 freezing

Sometimes I try to edit songs on my easy worship 6, it freezes up until I restart the computer. What could be the problem?

Are you running the most recent build of EW6? That would be 6.7.16. If not you need to update to that build and see if it fixes the issue. You can download it from here.

https://throwback.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/24000021218

If that doesn't fix it, try creating a new profile to use for testing. If it works in the new profile the problem is more than likely you existing profile is becoming corrupted. See the following support article for instructions on creating a new profile. And no, you do not have to delete your old profile as EW can have multiple profiles on the same computer.

https://throwback.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/8596-profiles-ew-6-

Finally, what operating system are you running? And what are your hardware specs, especially your graphics card/chip.

Also, if you are running on Windows 10 or 11 perform the following maintenance routines to rule out any disk drive corruption.

Open administrative command prompt and type:
1) sfc /scannow 

Press enter and allow the program to finish. If it detects any errors that it corrected, or tried to correct run it a second time

2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Press enter and allow the program to finish. If it detects any errors that it corrected, or tried to correct run it a second time

3) chkdsk /scan

Press enter and allow the program to finish.

If you are running Windows 7, 8, or 8.1 omit step 2 as it doesn't work on them.

These three programs can take more than an hour to complete depending on the type, speed, and size of the hard drive installed in the computer so be patient. For information on running an administrative command prompt see the support article below. Although it says Windows 10, the process for Windows 7, 8, 8.1, and 11 are essentially the same.

Login to post a comment