Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

Thanks for asking about it. The update for now is that we hoped to have the Beta out by now, but we have hit a couple of snags during in-house testing and our developers are trying to get a couple of major bugs fixed before we release it as a beta. Thanks for your patience as we work these out. I will definitely post here when we release it for Beta testing.

They are keeping you guys busy today Dan. Questions seem to be coming out of the woodwork.

Yes. Thanks for your help Don!

Do I understand this feature is only being made available to the users of the subscription model of EasyWorhip? If we have purchased EasyWorship this will not come as an update? This is a feature that would be very useful. If it's not being made available to churches that have purchased the full program that's unfortunate.

No problem. I have more time than money these days.

That is correct. When I asked about how Church's that purchased it outright would be able to get this update they stated that we would have to wait until the next version (presumably EW 8) is released. No way for us to purchase that update. Since our Church stopped Live Streaming I didn't bother to pursue it further.

Thanks for that news Dan. We really need this feature. Any new features are always welcome.

How long before release?

Super excited to see the beta available.  We currently send the main output to our front screen and the foldback output to a screen on the rear wall.  I've set the beta software up and have both of those working and also have the alternate output going over ndi to OBS on our streaming computer, but for the life of me can't figure out how to have the alternate have a different theme (i.e. lower thirds, no background).  

Can someone help an old guy out?

As of now, and actually from the release of subscription, if you bought the one-time purchase license, you only get bug fix updates and not feature updates. This has been stated clearly on our website, so by agreeing to buy the one-time purchase, you agreed to not get feature updates until the next full release. (unless you switch to subscription). However, that being said, there are talks about a way for one-time purchasers to get this feature update. We have not come to a decision or conclusion on this yet, but we will let you know when we make that final decision, and it will be posted on our purchasing page when it's released.

Butch, Go to the Themes tab and right click on the theme you want to use and select Set as Default Alternate theme.

I fully understand about not getting a free update, but there definitely needs to be a way for us to be able to purchase the update without having to essentially repurchase the entire program. 

Arrrgh!  Looked everywhere but there.  Thanks for the quick bail out.

brilliant that could be really helpful, would love to display the output of a vmix feed to the monitor output in easy worship, or at least customise the monitor output.

Hi Everyone,
The highly anticipated Alternate Output Beta is almost ready for testing. It should be available on Monday, April 12. If you would like to be a beta tester, you can join our private FB group for beta testing. You must have a current subscription to be able to test the beta. There will be questions when you join the group that HAVE to be answered in order to be approved. If the questions are not answered, you will not be approved to join the beta testing group. We can't wait to have you all try it out! Here is the link to the private group if you want to join! 

Just a reminder that you need to answer the questions that come up when you ask to join the beta group (from my previous reply above). If we can't verify that you have a current subscription, or if you don't answer the questions, your request will be denied. So, when answering the email question, please make sure you enter the correct email address that your subscription license is registered under.