Using purchased bible translations on PCs used for preparing services

I think I'm getting close to having our new computer and newly purchased EasyWorship ready for use in services (whenever they restart again as Covid restrictions are eased!).

I have purchased 3 x bible translations and installed them on the church computer which is licenced for projection (single projector licence). We will also have 2 or 3 people using EasyWorship without a projection licence on their own computers for preparing services and copying them to USB sticks so that everything is ready to copy across to the church PC, launch and go on a Sunday.

How can I make the 3 x purchased bible translations available on the PCs for those preparing the services?

I tried downloading and installing from file but it says "The selected bible is not registered. Please purchase to activate" because those instances of EasyWorship don't have a projection licence.

As far as I know you can't. You can only install them on registered computers. So your only options would be to purchase the site license and register the other computers. Or  you should be able to take turns deactivating and activating different computers to install, one at a time, the extra Bibles. But I'm 99.44% certain that you would no longer have access to those Bibles when a computer isn't activated.  You could also take turns with ONE COMPUTER AT A TIME being activated to prepare the schedule or project to be able to use the extra Bibles.

Please note that I do not work for EW and they may have some way of handling this that I am not aware of. I've always worked with a Campus/Site license that allows as many computers to be activated as a Church needs. Hopefully one of the EW employees will see this and chime in, but that probably won't be until next Tuesday as they are closed on weekends and probably the Monday Holiday here in the IS.

Thanks for the quick reply and for the suggestions.

I think we'd probably end up in a bit of confusion with deactivating and activating licences, and we're bound to end up in a scenario where somebody forgets to deactivate and then goes away for a week or something similar.

Do you know if there's a very simple way of changing the bible translation for verses that are already in the schedule? I know some software lets you just select the item in the schedule, select a different translation and apply it to that item. I can't find that functionality in EasyWorship though without inserting it as a new item in the schedule. I think it might be an easy way for someone to prepare the service with a default translation (e.g. KJV) and then for the person operating the computer to switch it to the right one when they open it on the church computer. For some services we will have to rely on a steward operating the computer rather than someone from the AV team, because the team is very small. Some of the stewards rarely (if ever) use a computer at any other time, so we're trying to make those services in particular as simple as possible to project.

Unfortunately, not that I know of. I haven't seen that functionality in any release of EW going back to EW 2009. 

Sounds like we'll need to see how things go for now and we can do best as a workaround. In the meantime I have submitted a Feature Request for it. In case anyone else would find it useful, here's the link: https://support.easyworship.com/support/discussions/topics/24000015149

You might want to ask about this in the EW Facebook User Group. It's a lot more active than the forum is with a lot more people posting and monitoring it. There is a good chance that someone there might have a work around and/or know EW better than I do.

(5) EasyWorship User Group (Official)

You might want to ask about this in the EW User Group on Facebook. It's a lot more active than the forum is with a lot more people posting and monitoring it. There is a good chance that someone there might have a work around and/or know EW better than I do.

I would post a link but that tends to delay how long it takes for a post to appear.

Thanks very much, I wasn't aware of the Facebook group so that's a really useful tip.

Login to post a comment