Powerpoint doesn't work with NDI

Hi,

We're currently switching over to EW7, and trying to use NDI to send the video to OBS, and it's not working with PowerPoint.

When sending the live output to a projector, everything works fine, however when sending to NDI powerpoint just shows up as a black screen.  Songs and video's work fine (albeit with excessive CPU usage), and powerpoint thumbnails show up fine.

We're using Office-365 32bit, with a GTX 1650 and 10th Gen i5.

Someone else reported the same issue a while ago (https://forums.easyworship.com/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=16405), but didn't get a resolution.

I have tested this on my computer and PPT is working fine in OBS using NDI. The version of OBS I'm using is 25.0.8 (64bit).

I haven not installed anything else other than the patch for OBS to support NDI and EW. I am attaching a video.

What's live initially is a song. Then I go live to a PPT (Daniel) and then to another PPT (Power). I edit one of them and it opens in PPT to show it is a PPT file. Then I show in EW I am outputting NDI and then in OBS show that NDI is capturing the NDI feed from my EW.

You might try doing a clean install of the newest driver for your GTX 1650 and see if that does anything.

mp4

i also have this problem on my setup. everything works perfectly only PowerPoint remains black. Computer is an AMD Ryzer 3600 with 16GB ram and a 1060TI video card. The NDI stream is used via NDI studio monitor on the beamer and on OBS for the youtube stream. The PowerPoint remains black on both.

I spent multiple evenings on the phone with tech support, and in the end they gave up.

I brought a cheap HDMI dummy plug, and am now using NDI Scan Coverter.

As an added bonus, this way has massively lower CPU usage.

I'm having the same problem. Anyone got ways round this, it seems a really frustrating issue... 

Try following the steps from this article. It seems to fix this issue for most people.

PPT over NDI

I've tried on multiple PC's, including one with the iGPU disabled in BIOS and another that just didn't have an iGPU.

It hasn't worked on any of them.

Near as I can tell, EW just doesn't support NDI with Office 365

David, have you upgraded to the newest build of EW 7.3.0.13? There were some changes in that build that should fix PPT over NDI.

I've just upgraded my hope PC, and it appears to be work now, thanks.

Great!!

I couldnt get the graphics device Dan suggested to work - https://support.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/24000070688 - as my NVIDIA settings looked slightly different than that. But I did a manual upgrade to newest EW and it worked! Thanks... 

My NVIDIA panel doesn't look the same as the article but tried to take the steps listed and it didn't seem to make any difference.  Especially problematic is that once I send a PPT live, it stays black even when I attempt to change to something else.  Never used NDI before so just trying to get this set up.  

I also freeze everything when I use the logo button.  It puts the logo screen up and then will not go back to live on the NDI display.

Hans, what version and build number of EW are you running?

Since these steps didn't fix the issue for you, it would be best to contact support directly at support@easyworship.com or go to www.easyworship.com/book to schedule a callback with a tech.

Login to post a comment