[Equipment Configurations] Black Output Screen with NVIDIA GeForce Card

Hello,

I have a new Windows 10 Lenovo Thinkpad laptop that I specifically spec'd with the NVIDIA GeForce GT730M video card for use with EasyWorship 6. If I have the NVIDIA card enabled in Windows Device Manager, I never get any display on the live output (VGA) in EW. If I disable it and use the built-in Intel HD Graphics 4600, EW works as expected, but the colors are not accurate - especially with videos.
I have the displays extended and I can slide the program window to the right so it shows on the projector, so I know that works. Even in the EW properties menu, "preview live output" does nothing with the NVIDIA card enabled but it works fine with the built-in graphics. What am I missing here?

thanks,
Carlton

Hi!

This is an issue with Windows 10 that we have seen on some video cards. We have submitted this to the developers. As a work around you can set a custom position in EW to the correct resolution and then make it one pixel wider or higher.
Thanks for the workaround - it works and video looks MUCH better now than with the built-in Intel graphics chip!
Is this issue supposed to be resolved in the 6.5.2 update? I have two laptops running Windows 10 with Nvidia GeForce GTX 960m cards and when running with Nvidia I get nothing until I do the pixel trick just see my desktop. Easyworship runs normal using the integrated intel. Both laptops are running 6.5.2
This should be fixed in the 6.5.5 pre-release which you can download from here. https://support.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/6000149965-easyworship-6-5-5-pre-release:19yguume]Click Here
I'm having an issue with this at present. My laptop is an Acer Predator 17, 16GB RAM and a Nvidia geforce gtx 970m graphics card. Easyworship just won't display on projectors at all. Powerpoint shows fine, but Easyworship just gives a black screen output. Easyworship is up-to-date, as I checked what version I was using.

Thanks,
Martin
I'm having an issue with this at present. My laptop is an Acer Predator 17, 16GB RAM and a Nvidia geforce gtx 970m graphics card. Easyworship just won't display on projectors at all. Powerpoint shows fine, but Easyworship just gives a black screen output. Easyworship is up-to-date, as I checked what version I was using.

Thanks,
Martin

Hi!

Are you running EasyWorship 6 build 5.5 ? Do you have Windows Extended Desktops set up? In EW when you click on EDIT//OPTIONS//LIVE do you have a secondary output available?
Yes, running Easyworship 6, 5.5. I've checked for updates from time to time, and it's up to date. Yes, extend desktop is done too. I'll need to check the live output on easyworship and I'll check that and let you know.

Thanks!
Yes, I have a secondary output available. If I select a song and put it live, the output screen in easyworship displays as black.
I have created a ticket for you so that we can work on this. You should get a email about it.
Thanks. Email received.

Martin
I am having the exact same issue. I'm using a Dell laptop, windows 10, GeForce gtx 960. Black screen when I go live in easyworship but all other programs seem to work fine and are able to use both screens.
Try this,

Right click on the desktop.
Click on nvidia control panel
Manage 3d Settings.
Make sure it's set to auto.
Go to program settings and make sure EasyWorship is set to use the global setting.
There is currently an issue with some of these switchable cards rendering full screen directX surfaces.
Using the Auto setting seems to work around this issue.