Access Violation When Opening EasyWorship
Modified on: Thu, 25 Aug, 2022 at 2:57 PM
If you are receiving an Access Violation when you try to launch EasyWorship the issue can be with a corrupt installation of QuickTime player on your computer.
To resolve this issue please follow the steps below:
- Uninstall your current QuickTime player from your computer, this can be done by opening your Control Panel, selecting Programs and Features. Find QuickTime player and select Uninstall then follow the prompts to perform the uninstall.
- Reinstall QuickTime player by following this link: Download Quicktime Player and follow the prompts to download and install QuickTime player.
- If you get a pop-up in your browser that that says the QuickTimeInstaller.exe can't be downloaded securely, put your mouse cursor on that sentence, and then click on the three little dots icon on the right.
- In the drop-down, click on Keep.
- On the next screen, click on Keep Anyway.
- Once it is done downloading, click to open the file to install QuickTime.
- Click Next on the Welcome page and Yes on the License Agreement page.
- Click Typical on the Setup page.
- Uncheck the checkbox that says Install Desktop shortcuts and click Install.
- Restart your computer after installing QuickTime player.
- After your computer reboots, launch EasyWorship and verify that the Access Violation does not come up any more.
If after uninstalling or reinstalling Quicktime, you still get the same access violation error, you will need to download and install the latest version of EasyWorship from our website.
Here is the link to the EasyWorship download page: EasyWorship Downloads
If you are still receiving the access violation error, there may also be corruption in the Live Settings DB file.
- Close EasyWorship.
- Browse to: c:\users\public\documents\softouch\easyworship\default\v6.1\options\default.ewo and rename LiveSettings.db file to LiveSettingsold.db
- Open EasyWorship and see if you still get the error.
If this does not resolve your issue, please contact EasyWorship Support.