Changing Background/Foreground Properties For Alternate Output
Modified on: Fri, 16 Dec, 2022 at 4:03 PM
In the latest build of EasyWorship, you can edit the ComputerSettings.ini file and select how you want backgrounds and foregrounds to work on the Alternate output. This will only work with theme overrides. If your song, scripture, or presentation is using the default theme or if you make a theme change in the editor, these settings will not apply.
How To Change Background/Foreground Properties
Step 1: Install the latest build of EasyWorship 7
- Download EasyWorship 7 from HERE.
- Click the down arrow to download the latest build of EasyWorship 7.
- Once downloaded, install it.
Step 2: Locate the ComputerSettings.ini file
- Close EasyWorship
- Open Windows File Explorer (on the keyboard, press Start+E).
- In the address bar, type in, or copy and paste the following: C:\ProgramData\Softouch\EasyWorship.v7\Settings
- Double click ComputerSettings.ini. If it prompts you to choose a program to open it, choose Notepad.
Step 3: Edit the ComputerSettings.ini file
- Once you have it open in Notepad,find Show_Background= and Show_Foreground= under [Alt_Output_Monitor].
- Make the changes you want to the background and foreground properties.
- Show_Background=1 - Set it to this if you want the background on the Alt output to follow your Main output when you drag and drop a background to a slide or to a song, scripture or presentation.
- Show_Background=0 - Set it to this if you don't want any backgrounds to change on the Alt output when changes are made to your Main output.
- Show_Foreground=1 - Set it to this if you want foreground/media elements to show/play on the Alt output when added to the Main output.
- Show_Foreground=0 - Set it to this if you don't want any foreground/media elements to show/play on the Alt output when added to the Main output.
- After making your changes, click File, Save.
- Exit Notepad.
Step 4: Edit Media Usage Properties
- Open EasyWorship.
- Go to the Media tab.
- Select the media files you want to use as backgrounds. (you can use Ctrl or Shift +click to select multiple items at once)
- Right click and select Media Usage > Background.
- Select the media files you want to use as foregrounds. (you can use Ctrl or Shift +click to select multiple items at once)
- Right click and select Media Usage > Foreground.
If you have any questions about this topic, please create a support ticket, or email support at firstname.lastname@example.org.