Bitfocus Companion Plug-in
Modified on: Mon, 28 Mar, 2022 at 3:57 PM
With the Bitfocus Companion plug-in, you can easily control your EasyWorship schedule. In this article, find out how to connect Companion and EasyWorship together and how to simply drag and drop the actions you want it to perform to the emulator or use it with the Stream Deck.
How to connect and use the Companion plug-in
Step 1: Enable Remote Control in EasyWorship
- Open EasyWorship.
- Click the Edit menu.
- Select Options.
- Click Advanced.
- If the check box next to "Enable Remote Control" is not checked, check it.
- If you want to change the server name, you can do that here as well.
- Click OK.
Step 2: Install Companion
- Browse to Bitfocus Companion.
- Login and download Companion.
- Click to run it.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to install it correctly.
Step 3: Configure Companion
- Open Companion.
- Select your GUI Interface from the dropdown list.
- Click Launch GUI. (if you are using a Stream Deck with Companion, please make sure the Stream Deck software is closed on the computer)
- You should see the configuration wizard. (if not, click it on the left)
- Click Next.
- Only change the setting here if you will use a Stream Deck.
- Make any changes you might need here depending on your network. (nothing needs to be changed here for EasyWorship)
- Create a password if you want.
- Click Apply.
- Click Finish.
Step 3: Connect Companion to EasyWorship
- Under the Connections tab, search for the EasyWorship plug-in.
- Click Add
- Give your connection a name and select your server from the dropdown menu and click Save.
- Click the Buttons tab.
- Under the Presets tab on the right, click the EasyWorship button.
- Click Commands.
- Drag and drop the EasyWorship Play button onto any square in the control on the left.
- Click Emulator on the left. (this will open a new browser tab)
- With EasyWorship open, click the Play button on the emulator. (if you're using a Stream Deck, press the key with the Play button on it)
- In EasyWorship, click the Remote button on the toolbar. (you should see your connection waiting to pair)
- Click Pair.
- Click the lock icon next to it to allow it to control EasyWorship.
- Close the Emulator tab and go back to the Companion setup tab.
- Drag and drop any actions you want to the squares on the control on the left.
- To configure specific buttons, like Goto Schedule and Goto Slide buttons, drag and drop it to a control square and then select it.
- In the settings on the right, type in any button text you want and where you want it on the button.
- Then type in the command. For example if you want that button to Goto Schedule #3, type in 3.
- When you're finished, you can open the Emulator and your ready to control EasyWorship with the buttons you've added (if you use a Stream Deck, you won't need the emulator. You should see all the buttons you configured on the Stream Deck and are now ready to control the EasyWorship schedule using the Stream Deck.)