Public Beta testing

Hello EasyWorship Community!
We are getting ready to release a new version that includes some new features, including Alternate Output and we would like some more beta testers. We have done a lot of private beta testing to clean up a lot of things in this new build and are ready to open the testing up to the public. Installing the beta will install separately from your current version and will not affect your current version. It will use the same database if you're using a profile called Default, so any changes made to your database in the beta, you will see those if/when you go back to your current version. Please make sure you are currently running the latest update available from our downloads page before installing the beta.

If you do have a one-time purchase license and would like to play with/test the features, you can install the beta. You will just need to sign out of your account in the beta and run it as a demo to see the new features.

We do not recommend using this beta in a live service.
If you do find any bugs, have any questions, or have any suggestions, please comment on this post and we will be monitoring it.

Here is a basic list of the new features, enhancements, and fixes in this beta.

Feature: Alternate Output
Feature: Shapes
Feature: Element Rotation
Feature: Contiguous view
Feature: Reflection blur
Feature: Added CTRL and ALT functions in editor for resizing elements

Enhancement: Enlarged font size on Print Schedule Details.
Enhancement: Added Apply/OK/Close buttons to editors.
Enhancement: Schedule right-click works even if schedule is empty.
Enhancement: When creating new song or presentation from top menu navigates to new resource after adding it.
Enhancement: Adding a new blank presentation from the schedule menu opens the Presentation editor.
Enhancement: Open file location added to right-click menu in Media.
Enhancement: Duplicate slide added to Schedule right-click context menu.
Enhancement: Updated hotkeys for Contiguous view - left/right arrows change slides and up/down arrows navigate schedule.

Fixed: Error when opening schedules larger than 4Gb.
Fixed: Feed settings grayed out when editing a feed.
Fixed: Live output locking up when going live to a youtube video.
Fixed: Going live with a PPT while live output off then turning on displays Presentation theme.
Fixed: Live feed performance when using some AMD video cards.
Fixed: Having to click Create Empty after importing data using the transfer tool for EW2007 or EW2009.
Fixed: Message alert with multiple lines affecting the scrolling of the alert.
Fixed: Nursery alert cuts of left side of screen.

can you show the shedule item via midi - you show the slide 

Yes, you can control the schedule and slides using midi in the current version of EW. You will use Next or Previous Schedule or Schedule No. But you will have to use it with another function like Goto Presentation start or Slide No. It has to be used with one of those. By itself it won't do anything.

Hi Dan So I have EW midi working well I currently do exactly as you discribe also works well on the beta with the alternate screen. But - I have a setlist of 4 songs in EW I send sch1sld1... When the next song in my software comes up sends sch2sld1 and so on - everything works yahoo the slides change in the EW and on all the screens and all 4 songs work as I go from on song to the next what doesn't happen is on the operator screen the visual highlight of the schedule item does happen even though the song is going as expected

I understand now. Yes, that happens to me every week and I have added it as a bug in our list. The highlighted schedule item does not follow when using midi. It always stays on the first schedule item that went live using midi. I do hope this gets fixed soon. If using foldback, it definitely affects the next item at the bottom of the screen because it doesn't actually show what's coming up next.

Will the alternate output allow us to send alpha channel over NDI?
What we really want to accomplish with this is have one output that goes to our projection system and a different output that goes to NDI with just the lyrics to be used in our live stream setup. I believe this would be a common use case for the alternate display.

Yes, all outputs from EW (main, alternate, and foldback) will be able to send through NDI.

Hello Community,
For those of you testing the beta for the new release, or for anyone wanting to test the beta, here is a new beta build ready to be tested. This will extend the expiration of the beta until Aug 30, 2021. To see all the changes coming up in this version of EW, please see original post above.
Here are the changes in this build:
-Fixed some crashing issues
-Fixed server communication for media and license retrieval
-Fixed Spelling Options layout
-Option screen now remembers last size on opening
-Miscellaneous video playback enhancements
Again, since this is a beta, you are at your own risk of running it in a live service, although it seems to be very stable at this point.
If you do run into any issues or bugs, please leave a comment here and we will see it and address it.

EasyWorship 7.3.0.9 BETA

One suggestion, the "logo" button should just clear the screen, not put the image defined as a logo.

Because, using "alternate output" as lower third, pressing "logo" will cover the entire screen with the defined image.

Or put an option to define how it will work in cases:

- LOGO

- MEDIA / Images

- MEDIA / videos

- PRESENTATION 

Agree with Igreja. The Logo should be ignored when using alpha channel.
Also, is it possible to choose whether the NDI output will output alpha channel? We have some situations where we would like to capture the entire display with backgrounds. It would be great if there was a way to generate two NDI outputs, one with alpha channel and one that shows the background. This way we could utilize two either version on different scenes in our streaming software. If we ever go full screen with a presentation, lyrics, or scripture it would be nice to have that background. As a workaround we can do this by running ndi scan converter and capturing the display EW is projecting to, but that generates multiple extra NDI feeds (including the foldback and the control display, which I'm assuming consumes additional bandwidth on our network) so it would be nice to have both feeds generated directly from within easy worship.

We are already working on the Logo issue.

Currently it is not possible to have 2 NDI outputs for Alt out. There have been others that have requested similar things. We have been discussing the best way to handle these types of use cases where sometimes you might want to use the background designated in the presentation and other times you want something different or transparent. More to come on that in future releases probably.

Nice the alternative output.

The default font style is nicely taken over from the alternative theme.
What I am unable to do is to get part of the text whose formatting has been changed (not default style) also with the changed formatting in the alternative output.
Is this already possible? (we use this to show the translation of the songs.)

Is it possible to specify a different alternative theme for each song? or can only the default alt song theme be set.

The function of the arrow keys is reversed in the beta (7.3.0.9) from what is stated in the help.

Has this been deliberately changed compared to, for example, version 6? Where is the up/down key to change the slide.

Can I change the shutcut keys back myself?

Vez, we will have to do some testing on the formatting of the text.

Currently, you can set one default Alt out theme. There is not a way to set one for each song in the schedule. You will have to manually change the default when you want it to change. There will be a way in the future to be able to do this though.

The hotkey change was done on purpose. You can change it back if you want by editing the Hotkeys.ini file.

There are some instructions in this article that show you how to edit that file.

Login to post a comment