We now have a new database transfer tool that will help you to transfer your EasyWorship database from one computer to another.
Here is the link to the article to use the tool: Transfer EasyWorship Profile
If you want to manually transfer the database, here are the following instructions that will help you transfer the EasyWorship 2007 or EasyWorship 2009 database from one computer into EasyWorship 7 on another computer.
***Before starting this process , you will need a USB flash drive or external hard drive. (in the steps below, we will call this your backup drive.)
Transfer EasyWorship 2007 or EasyWorship 2009 database to another computer running EasyWorship 7
Backup the EasyWorship 2007 or 2009 database (old computer)
NOTE: If you are running Windows XP on the old computer, these steps will not match what you will see. In step #1, you can double click on My Computer on the desktop to open the File Explorer and on step #13, you will just need to browse to the correct location for your database. (It should be in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\Softouch\EasyWorship\[Default])
- To begin, open the Windows File Explorer on the computer by holding down the windows logo key on the keyboard and pressing the E key (+E)
- Just leave that window open for now, you will come back to it.
- Connect your backup drive*** to the old computer. (If it prompts you to view the files on that drive, tell it to do nothing; or if it opens another window, close that window)
- Since you're on the old computer, open EasyWorship 2007/2009. (If you need to move or minimize the Windows File Explorer to see your desktop icon, you can do that)
- In EW, click on the Profiles menu.
- If you have more than one profile in that list, make a note of which one has a dot next to it.
- Click on Profiles Manager.
Single click on the profile name that had a dot next to it in the Profiles list (from step #6), and click 'Edit the selected application profile' at the bottom.
- Single click in the field under 'Use an existing application data instance', and it should highlight blue. (If it doesn't highlight blue, right click and select 'Select All')
- Right click in the same field (on the blue highlighted text) and click Copy.
- You are done with this window, so close the Profile Manager by clicking the X in the top corner and then close EasyWorship.
You should now see your Windows File Explorer that you opened in step #1. (If you minimized it, you will need to restore it now from the windows taskbar)
- Single click in the address bar at the top and the text will highlight blue. (it will probably say 'Quick access' or 'Computer')
- Right click on the blue highlighted text and click Paste.
- Press Enter
- You should see 3 folders there, Databases, Options, Resources. You can select all of these folders by pressing Ctrl+A on your keyboard.
- Right click on any one of the selected folders and click 'Send to' from the pop-out menu.
- Click on the backup drive you connected in step 3.
- When the folders are all copied, disconnect the drive from the computer.
Restore to EasyWorship 7 (new computer)
If you don't have EasyWorship 7 installed yet on the new computer, you will need to install it first before restoring your database.
You can download the current version of EasyWorship 7 HERE.
- Connect your backup drive*** to the new computer. (This will be the same backup drive you used on the 'old computer' from the Backup steps above.)
- Close all other programs and windows before starting.
- Open the Windows File Explorer on the computer by holding down the windows logo key on the keyboard and pressing the E key (+E)
- Click on your backup drive from the menu on the left side of the window.
- Highlight all 3 folders (Databases,Options,Resources) that you backed up from the 'old computer'. (You can hold down the Ctrl key on the keyboard and click each folder to highlight all of them)
- Right click on any one of the selected folders and click Copy. (you won't see anything happen)
- You're done with this window so you can close it.
- Open EasyWorship.
- Click on the Profiles Menu.
- Click on Profiles Manager.
- In the middle of the window that opens, click the blue link next to the words Instance Location.
- This will open a new window. (Do Not close this window)
- EasyWorship will need to be closed to finish the process, so click onto the EasyWorship program behind that window (that opened in step #12) and close the Profile Editor by clicking Close, and then close EasyWorship.
- You should see 2 folders. One called Resources and the other is v6.1.
- Right click each of those folders you see there and click Rename and add the number 2 to each one. (Resources2 and v6.12)
- Right click in a blank area in this window and click Paste.
- You should now have 5 folders in this window; Databases, Options, Resources, Resources2 and v6.12.
- Open EasyWorship 7 and if every step was followed correctly, you will see a prompt asking if you want to Import the EasyWorship 2009 Data and Options.
- Click the box to Import Data.
NOTE: If you don't have a secondary monitor connected to your computer and it seems like it didn't do anything, close and reopen EasyWorship 7 and the Import Data window will open again asking if you want to Import the EasyWorship 2007/2009 Options only. This time, click Create Empty. Now you will be able to see all of your data that has imported from your old computer.