AMD Video Card question

Has anyone had success livestreaming through EW 7 with an AMD video card?  Our computer is fairly new, but it is AMD architecture.  Everything on EW site says you need Intel.  We have been having random freezes with video play, and I suspect I need a more powerful video card, but I do not want to have to get an entirely new computer.  Anybody had luck with EW 7 using all its capabilities with an AMD card?

You might want to post this in the EW Facebook Group. People tend to just post their issues looking for help in here, but the Facebook Group has (or at least had the last time I went there) a lot more traffic so your question will be seen by a lot more people. That might get you more replies and answers.

Right now my livestream is through OBS on a completely separate computer.  I was asking originally because part of the reason I want to upgrade to 7 is to add the streaming benefits, and I was wanting to know if anyone was having luck with non nvidia gpu and amd cpu.

How are you livestreaming?

I wouldn't be able to help much with EW 6 since it isn't supported anymore and hasn't been updated in a long time. I would try EW7 and see if you still have issues like Don mentioned.

No, I can't. You can always download EW7 and try it out in Demo mode (without purchasing or registering it). I would backup your database before doing that just in case their are any issues. You would not need to uninstall 6 to try out 7. 

I might need to upgrade to 7 and see if the issue persists before changing any hardware then.  Can you think of any reason why it would only do it when using shortcut keys?

EW 6 doesn't work well under Win 11. We used to livestream early on during the pandemic, but stopped due to lack of engagement. I was using the Ryzen 3600, 16 gigs ram, ssd, and an old 2 gig ATI/AMD 7870 with no issues so I seriously doubt the problem is your RX 580.

The diagnostics that I posted will also work in Win 11.

I actually just upgraded to Win 11 to see if that might be part of our issue with freezing.  I have been considering making the jump to EW 7, but haven't yet because I wanted to make sure the setup worked for what we are looking for.  Do you livestream through EW at your church as well or just in house projection?   Win 11 didn't fix our freezing problem, but I did narrow down that it only freezes when we try to start a video with the shortcut keys it seems.  

Based on what you have posted so far I don't see anything that would cause a problem. Your RX 580 should easily handle any 1080p video and even some 4k video. We run a Ryzen 3600 out our Church with only 16 gigs of ram and a 500 GB Sata 3 SSD (I run a 3900x with 32 gigs of ram at home with a 1TB NVME SSD). I would start by doing some diagnostics of your OS install. I'm going to assume you are running Win 10 so here is what I would recommend to start with.

Open administrative command prompt and type each of the following lines and press enter so they run to completion:
1) sfc /scannow
2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
3) chkdsk /scan

That should get you started.

Well, evidently it doesn't like my hard drive info.  I did one line at a time to see what wouldn't work.  It has a 240 gig solid state drive and a 2 terabyte hard drive

240 GB SSD & 2 Tb HDD

AMD Radeon RX 580

40 gb ram

Ryzen 5 3600

I give up.  I have copied and pasted the info every time, but any time I enter a spec, the comment doesn't appear.

I have never had a link or an attachment.  I have just typed my specs into the box and they aren't coming through.  AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 40GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 - 2TB HDD   240GB SSD

Login to post a comment