AMD Video Card question

Has anyone had success livestreaming through EW 7 with an AMD video card?  Our computer is fairly new, but it is AMD architecture.  Everything on EW site says you need Intel.  We have been having random freezes with video play, and I suspect I need a more powerful video card, but I do not want to have to get an entirely new computer.  Anybody had luck with EW 7 using all its capabilities with an AMD card?

EW clearly states that Intel graphics are not supported so I don't know where you are getting the idea that you need Intel graphics. EW recommends Nvidia graphics, although AMD graphics will also work. But it has more to do with which specific NVidia or AMD graphics you are using. It has to be powerful enough to handle the graphics load. I personally use an AMD RX 480 that was released in 2016 that handles EW quite well.

Your best option is to list your complete system specs, in detail so we have some idea what you are working with and be able to make some valid recommendations.

Click on the Windows icon (Start menu) at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen,

Type in "DXDIAG" and click on 'DXDIAG.exe' or 'DXDIAG run command',

Click Yes when a yes/no question appears,

Click on Save All Information.. at the bottom-right of the DXDIAG window,

Save the information under an obvious name such as "dxdiagoutput_your user name",

Attach the saved file in your post

Sorry.  I meant Nvidia.  The person I talked with on the phone the other day kept saying Intel and it got in my head I guess.

I'm running updates right now so I can't run the DXDIAG, but the computer specs are:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 

40 GB Memory  

AMD Radeon RX 580  with 8 GB dedicated memory

240GB SSD - everything runs and is stored here when being used

2TB HDD

I will run the DXDIAG if you need it after the updates.

Truthfully, I can upgrade the video card if needed, but I am not sure I want to or can buy a new computer.

Thanks for the help.

I meant Nvidia.  I had a conversation on the phone with someone at the beginning of the week who kept stressing the Intel part.  I guess it got in my head.

The computer is currently going through updates right now so I can't run the DXDIAG, but here are the specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 

40GB Memory 

AMD Radeon RX 580 - 8 Gb dedicated memory

240GB SSD - everything is stored and run from this drive

2TB HDD  

I can run DXDIAG later if needed.

Truthfully, I can upgrade the GPU, but I am not sure I can or want to get a new computer.

Thanks for the help

posting again because my comment doesn't show up.

AMD Ryzen 5 3600 

40GB Memory -

AMD Radeon RX 580 - 8 GB dedicated memory 

240GB SSD

- 2TB HDD

I am not sure why my comments aren't showing up.  One showed as blank.  I am waiting to see if they do before posting again.

EW Support might need to approve the attachment or link so it might take it awhile for it to show up. Give it some time, or just copy and paste the information directly into a post.

Specs:

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

40 GB RAM

AMD Radeon RX 580 with 8 GB Memory

240 GB SSD

2 TB HDD

I can upgrade the GPU if needed, but I really don't know that I have the funds for a whole new system.

Thanks for the help

What's crazy is I never had an attachment.  It was always cut and paste.  lol  computer was updating so I couldn't run the diagnostic

Who knows. It's the InterWebs. Stuff happens.

I even posted a comment right before that one where I typed the specs and it hasn't come through. lol

AMD Ryzen 5 3600

40GB Memory -

AMD Radeon RX 580

240GB SSD

2TB HDD 

Probably get a flood of comments now.

EW Support might need to approve the attachment or link so it might take it awhile for it to show up. Give it some time, or just copy and paste the information directly into a post.

I have never had a link or an attachment.  I have just typed my specs into the box and they aren't coming through.  AMD Ryzen 5 3600 - 40GB Memory - AMD Radeon RX 580 - 2TB HDD   240GB SSD

Login to post a comment