Computer freezing

Hello,

Ever since I updated Easy Worship this past week when I am working in Easy Worship the program is freezing and I have to completely shut down my computer to get it to work again.  Why is this doing this?

Kyra Oaks

Trinity Lutheran Church

Download a fresh copy of the installer from the link below. Reboot your computer, don't open ANY programs, re-install EW from the fresh installer (this is called a Repair Install), then reboot the computer when the install finishes. See if that fixes your issues.

https://support.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/24000018839

Kyra, please contact support as soon as you can by going to www.easyworship.com/book to schedule a callback with a tech. We would like to get a bug report from your computer to find out why it's freezing for you.

In the meantime, you can download and install the previous build here:

EasyWorship build 7.4.0.8

I did another update and it seems to working fine now.  Will let you know if I have any more problems.

Strange. I did an update but it only worked on the first use. After rebooting, the problem occurs again. coreball

Kaleabernathy, what Build of EW are you using? You should be on 7.4.1.9 which is the latest and most stable. Also, does your computer meet or exceed ALL of the Recommended or Ultra hardware requirements for running EW? The Minimum requirements are pretty much a joke and usually will not produce a satisfactory experience.

Also make sure that you are running the computer using a Performance or High Performance power plan. This is especially important on a Laptop which quite often defaults to a power saving plan to lower battery usage. That can kill EW performance. And NEVER run EW on a Laptop on Battery Power.

And finally Open administrative command prompt and type:
1) sfc /scannow
2) dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
3) chkdsk /scan

You may need to run the 1st one two or three times to get a clean bill of health on your OS.

Windows 10: Opening the Command Prompt as Administrator
  1. Press the Windows Start button at the bottom left.
  2. Type in "Command Prompt".
  3. Right click on Command Prompt and click "Run as administrator".
  4. Click Yes if the Windows 10 User Account Control prompt is displayed.
  5. The Command Prompt should appear.

Ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements for the updated version of Easy Worship. Check if there are any known compatibility issues between the software and your operating system or other installed software. You may need to update your operating system or other relevant software to ensure compatibility.

Login to post a comment