Alternate Output is almost here!

You've been asking and we've been listening. 
Coming soon to EasyWorship subscription: Alternate Output will finally be here to make your livestreaming even easier! Use the Main Output for your songs and sermons, Foldback for whoever is on stage, and Alternate Output for environmental in-house projection OR to give your online viewers a different display. It's entirely up to you. We love giving you as many options as possible so you can create the best worship experience for your church.

9 people like this

Three questions:

1 - Will this update allow both NDI for the alternate and direct HDMI for the primary and foldback?  It seems like this is mentioned, but I haven't seen it clearly stated.

2 - Any updates on the release?

3 - Any estimates on the system specs that will be required with this release?  I am guessing it will take a little more horsepower than for v7.2...

Since they haven't mentioned any new hardware specs for it I am 90% certain that it will use the current ULTRA or Recommended spec. Either that, or they are waiting for additional feedback from users in the Beta Program which I am not a part of as our Church does not have the Subscription plan.

As for your first question, that is the reason for this update to send an addition separate output while continuing to use the current three outputs we have now.

@Thomas Lutman, we are working with a small group of beta testers at this time and hope to have a public beta released soon. With this new version, the Main output, the Alternate output, and the Foldback will all be available to send to a monitor, custom position, and NDI. So, yes, as long as your computer has the video outputs and meets at least the recommended specs in our system requirements (Ultra if you use NDI on any of the outputs and have all 3 running), then you can run all 3 outputs at the same time.

Do I understand this feature is only being made available to the users of the subscription model of EasyWorhip? If we have purchased EasyWorship this will not come as an update? This is a feature that would be very useful. If it's not being made available to churches that have purchased the full program that's unfortunate.

That is correct. When I asked about how Church's that purchased it outright would be able to get this update they stated that we would have to wait until the next version (presumably EW 8) is released. No way for us to purchase that update. Since our Church stopped Live Streaming I didn't bother to pursue it further.

As of now, and actually from the release of subscription, if you bought the one-time purchase license, you only get bug fix updates and not feature updates. This has been stated clearly on our website, so by agreeing to buy the one-time purchase, you agreed to not get feature updates until the next full release. (unless you switch to subscription). However, that being said, there are talks about a way for one-time purchasers to get this feature update. We have not come to a decision or conclusion on this yet, but we will let you know when we make that final decision, and it will be posted on our purchasing page when it's released.

I fully understand about not getting a free update, but there definitely needs to be a way for us to be able to purchase the update without having to essentially repurchase the entire program. 

Any new updates on when this will be released to the public?  Getting really excited about using this feature for my live streaming setup!

I am excited about this update, however it isn't sustainable for me to switch to a subscription plan or repurchasing the entire license again :( 

Would be amazing if it could be possible to purchase this update for the campus license.

Please make it happen :)

Hello EasyWorship Community!

We are getting ready to release a new version that includes some new features, including Alternate Output and we would like some more beta testers. We have done a lot of private beta testing to clean up a lot of things in this new build and are ready to open the testing up to the public. Installing the beta will install separately from your current version and will not affect your current version. It will use the same database if you're using a profile called Default, so any changes made to your database in the beta, you will see those if/when you go back to your current version. Please make sure you are currently running the latest update available from our downloads page before installing the beta.

We do not recommend using this beta in a live service.

If you do find any bugs, have any questions, or have any suggestions, please comment on this post and we will be monitoring it.

Here is a basic list of the new features, enhancements, and fixes in this beta.

EasyWorship 7.3.0.8 Beta

Feature: Alternate Output

Feature: Shapes

Feature: Element Rotation

Feature: Contiguous view

Feature: Reflection blur

Feature: Added CTRL and ALT functions in editor for resizing elements

Enhancement: Enlarged font size on Print Schedule Details.

Enhancement: Added Apply/OK/Close buttons to editors.

Enhancement: Schedule right-click works even if schedule is empty.

Enhancement: When creating new song or presentation from top menu navigates to new resource after adding it.

Enhancement: Adding a new blank presentation from the schedule menu opens the Presentation editor.

Enhancement: Open file location added to right-click menu in Media.

Enhancement: Duplicate slide added to Schedule right-click context menu.

Enhancement: Updated hotkeys for Contiguous view - left/right arrows change slides and up/down arrows navigate schedule.

Fixed: Error when opening schedules larger than 4Gb.

Fixed: Feed settings grayed out when editing a feed.

Fixed: Live output locking up when going live to a youtube video.

Fixed: Going live with a PPT while live output off then turning on displays Presentation theme.

Fixed: Live feed performance when using some AMD video cards.

Fixed: Having to click Create Empty after importing data using the transfer tool for EW2007 or EW2009.

Fixed: Message alert with multiple lines affecting the scrolling of the alert.

Fixed: Nursery alert cuts of left side of screen.

So I just purchased EW7 today. Full purchase, not a subscription, is this alternate output going to be available? This was something key I was needing and saw EW7 did over EW6.   

I wouldn't count on it. They have stated emphatically that a full purchase is not eligible for feature upgrades period. You are only entitled to bug fixes, stability, security updates. We can't even purchase the new feature upgrade until EW8 (or whatever the next full version will be named). . 

We have stated a couple of times since the release of the beta that we are discussing internally a way to make these features available for one-time purchase users. We have not come to a final decision yet, but there is a good possibility there will be a way for you to get them.

I hadn't seen that, but it is possible that I missed that post.

does the alternative ouput do different font/background/lower thirds than main?