PowerPoint displays black on NDI stream

I have two computers, one is a Surface Pro 4 (let's call this "A"), the other a Surface Laptop 2 ("B")

I have set up B in the same way as A as far as possible and the only remaining issue is one with PowerPoint over NDI. I have reviewed all the other cases I can find and none of them gives a satisfactory fix as far as I can tell.

BOTH machines have:

• Easy Worship 7.2.3.0
  • OBS 26.1.1
  • PowerPoint 2016
  • Windows 10 (A has Enterprise, B has Home)

I run Easy Worship on both laptops, both using NDI - PAL 1920 x 1080 25Hz for output, playing the same PowerPoint slide presentation and the same song..

Both machines are on the same LAN, so I can see both NDI streams on both machines.

Here's what happens:

• OBS on A with NDI from A => PowerPoint and Song are fine
  • OBS on B with NDI from B => Song is fine, PowerPoint black
  • OBS on A with NDI from B => Song is fine, PowerPoint black
  • OBS on B with NDI from A => PowerPoint and Song are fine

In short, on both machines, all is well when NDI comes from the Surface Pro but PowerPoint is black when NDI comes from the Surface Laptop.

I could could really do with some help to fix this. I am moving off the Surface Pro because its screen is defective and difficult to work with. It is not an option to keep the Surface Pro.

Thank you

3 people have this question

Hi,

I have exactly the same problem with powerpoint over NDI. The strange thing is, it happend simultaneously on two computers in the last week. It had work flawlessly the weeks before. All of my software is up to date.

Thank you

The only thing I can think of would to make sure that you have the most current NDI tools installed from this link https://ndi.tv/tools/#download-tools

Login to post a comment