Background images and slides all black 7.2.3.0

Since upgrading our Win10 pc at the church to version 7.2.3.0, all of the background images and slides are black in schedule and preview....no image or text show at all,  however it shows correctly in live output and on the projector screen.

When editing a song and using theme to select a background image, all the images are black there as well.

I am the worship leader at our church and I have easy worship on my Win 7 pc at home for making presentations and testing background images with songs and this problem is not present with Win 7

Any help would be appreciated, its difficult for the person running EW on sundays to follow the slides

Thanks

Mike

I am sorry that you are having this issue. 

Click on the Windows icon (Start menu) at the bottom left-hand corner of the screen,

Type in "DXDIAG" and click on 'DXDIAG.exe' or 'DXDIAG run command',

Click Yes when a yes/no question appears,

Click on Save All Information.. at the bottom-right of the DXDIAG window,

Save the information under and obvious name such as "dxdiagoutput",

Attach the saved file to this ticket. 

Thanks Terry....I will do this on Friday, that is the next time I will be at the church

Heres the direct x report

txt

I am having the same problem.  Here is my file.

txt

You have the same problem as the OP in that your system's graphics do not come close to meeting the minimum specs. Unfortunately your CPU technically just barely meets the minimum spec unlike the OP who has a much better CPU.  Try reverting back to 7.1.4.2 and sticking to 720p resolution and NO Foldback. Also, replace the old, tired, and probably failing spinning hard drive with a new Solid State Drive. It will improve performance and stability immensely. If you can't do that, start the laptop and let it sit UNUSED for at least an hour before using it. Windows 10 does a lot of updates and other stuff in the background that will thrash a spinning hard drive when it's first started and will render an older, low power computer like an N4100 essentially unusable for an hour or more until it finishes due to is using 90 to 100% of the drive. A Solid State Drive will be able to complete those tasks in 5 to 10 minutes and allow Windows to function much quicker and sooner. It's well worth the expenditure.

Essentially, that laptop should only be used to create schedules. It really isn't capable of running EW as a projection system during a service.

You have the same problem as the OP in that your system's graphics do not come close to meeting the minimum specs. Unfortunately your CPU technically just barely meets the minimum spec unlike the OP who has a much better CPU.  Try reverting back to 7.1.4.2 and sticking to 720p resolution and NO Foldback. Also, replace the old, tired, and probably failing spinning hard drive with a new Solid State Drive. It will improve performance and stability immensely. If you can't do that, start the laptop and let it sit UNUSED for at least an hour before using it. Windows 10 does a lot of updates and other stuff in the background that will thrash a spinning hard drive when it's first started and will render an older, low power computer like an N4100 essentially unusable for an hour or more until it finishes due to is using 90 to 100% of the drive. A Solid State Drive will be able to complete those tasks in 5 to 10 minutes and allow Windows to function much quicker and sooner. It's well worth the expenditure.

Essentially, that laptop should only be used to create schedules. It really isn't capable of running EW as a projection system during a service. I know as I've worked on several of those N4100 laptops and know how poorly they handle EW.

I ended up reverting back to version 7.1.4.2 and all my background images came back and EW is working normally again

That was a good choice under the circumstances. 

I have the same problem How do i return to my previous version?

You just download 7.1.4.2 and install it following the prompts. The download link is just below the link for 7.2.3.0.

https://support.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/24000018839

Login to post a comment