Answered

computer won't open easy worship files (ewr). It tries to open them as pdf

Hi, I have back end techs email our weekly easy worship 7 files. When I am on a computer in our church, there is no problem opening them. On my office computer, however, when I download the songs directly, or save to dropbox, or anything else, when I try to open, I see the pdf icon come up and it says this file type is not supported. It's been several months and I've tried everything from re adding my computer (I'm the admin) to deleting and readding Easy Worship, to firewall settings and nothing seems to work...and I can't find anyone else who seems to have had this problem. Am I alone in the universe?

Best Answer

Maybe your file associations are wrong. 

On the Office PC, in file explorer, use the "open with" option and go looking for EW7 then select the "always use this program" option.

(I'm assuming "ewr" was a typo for "ewsx")

Answer

Maybe your file associations are wrong. 

On the Office PC, in file explorer, use the "open with" option and go looking for EW7 then select the "always use this program" option.

(I'm assuming "ewr" was a typo for "ewsx")

I have no idea what an ewr file is. If you want to transfer songs or schedules from one computer to another you should put the songs in a schedule and save it. Be sure to check the box in the save dialog box that says Pack Files In Schedule so that any backgrounds, images, audio, video, or PPT files are saved as well. Copy that schedule file which will have a file extension of .ewsx to a flashdrive, dropbox, etc. and open it on the other computer as a schedule. At that point use the Check Schedule For Changes option to copy any or all of the songs and files to that computer.

https://support.easyworship.com/support/solutions/articles/24000009646-update-local-computer-check-for-changes

Login to post a comment