[v6 General Discussion] PowerPoint Stops Working

Hi,
I have a pc with a fresh Windows 10 and Office 2010 install. But have a recurring fault.

Part way through a service when I go live with a PowerPoint presentation it often does not display. Typically we have a slide show displaying the weekly notices prior to the service start, if we have some sermon PPtx or reshow the starting slideshow slides as we go live they do not display, we get a blank screen. We remedy this by restarting EW and the Powerpoint displays OK. If I display one presentation after another to see if I can replicate the problem, they display OK - so it appears to be a error that comes with time. Songs, videos, music files all work faultlessly.

Any ideas?

Many Thanks

Is there any chance the computer is trying to go to sleep or turn off screens in that five minutes? Make sure your power profile is set to high performance, or make sure it doesn't turn off screens, hard drives ...
Also disable any screensaver that is enabled.
How close is the kramer signal booster to the computer?
Hi Roger

I have been through the (advanced) power settings to make sure it keeps everything on. The Kramer booster a VP32K is about 1 metre from the PC.
I have raised a support ticket 30116 with a possibly related problem.
I would just like to jump into this thread. We are having very similar problems with our setup of EW6 on Windows 10 machines and PPT2013. I don't have and additional symptoms to add or solutions to follow. Hoping to find some!
Please also make sure your virus scanner has exceptions in the realtime scanner to prevent it from scanning the easyworship.exe, ezwHookpp.32exe, ezwHookpp.64.exe, EasyWorshipHelper.exe in C:Program Files (x86)SoftouchEasyworship 6
Also try downloading and installing the US version of the PowPoint 2010 viewer and see how it behaves.
Here is a direct link to the download.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... aspx?id=13
You'll also need this security update. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/downloa ... px?id=1450
In EW under edit, options, advanced, you'll need to check the option to use the viewer and click OK.
I wanted to update this thread... and maybe some good news.

After much updating and reinstalling of PowerPoint and a transatlantic phone call*, using the PowerPoint Viewer has eased the PowerPoint fails to open in EW problem, if not solved it. The dilemma for EW and ourselves is that using a 3rd Party application like PowerPoint is always a hostage to fortune as you are not in control of your own destiny.

EW have developed an alternative to PowerPoint - Presentations, but take up of this from current and visiting ministers will be patchy at best. If we could import a PowerPoint into Presentations reliably then that would be brilliant - but a programming challenge.

However I did spot this Microsoft Update this morning.. February 6, 2018, update for PowerPoint 2010 (KB4011187)
Applies to: Microsoft Office 2010 Service Pack 2Microsoft PowerPoint 2010
Improvements and fixes
This update fixes an issue in which opening files in PowerPoint 2010 isn't as fast as it was before you installed Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.

There are similar updates for PowerPoint: Viewer, 2013 and 2016.

Will see how this goes.

* To avoid horrendous phone charges from the UK to the US, I used "Hangouts Dialler" on my mobile for free calls. It worked well.
I have the same problems if the first item on the schedule it displays fine but if mid schedule it shows in preview pane but not on live screen. Also at a funeral Service Power Point of deceased was shown at start that included power point video of him dancing at a disco. In the middle of the Eulogy the disco music played at full volume over the sound system. Later discovered due to Power Point running behind EW6.
We're having similar issues when using PowerPoint. From our investigations it appears to be a display scaling issue as the presentation works fine on the Primary monitor. As soon as we wish to show on a Secondary monitor the issue occurs (even tested with custom position with the same results). We have tried all the suggestions in support but to no avail. Our issues started with an update to PowerPoint. Microsoft seem to have introduced 'Dynamic Scaling' to the office apps see their '[b]Office support for high definition displays[/b]' article for details. ([url])

We have tried many combinations of these settings but are still unable to rectify the issue. Looks like EasyWorship may just be one of the few unusal cases for now!
In a few unusual cases however, you may see some odd display behavior with certain third-party add-ins that haven’t been updated to support dynamic scaling.
We've just found a workaround...

If you set the resolution of your primary monitor to that of the secondary monitor it all seems to work! The downside of course is that everything is a bit smaller on the Laptop we use to drive Easyworship :D
What did this issue with PowerPoint not displaying full screen on our extended desktop displays. We have multiple external monitors. We never expereienced this issue before. However, on this past Sunday we experienced this issue and I can't correct it. Can EW fix this?
We will let our developers know about this issue, however this seems to be something that came along with an update to Office.

A work around is to make sure you do not have your monitors set to scale above 100%.

You can change that in display settings.

Also you can right click the EasyWorship icon and click properties.

Click compatibility.

Change settings for all users

Change high DPI settings.

Check the box next to Override High DPI Scaling behavior... at the bottom of the window and click OK.
I too have ben having issue with PP.

This last weekend we clicked GO LIVE for the pastors PP and nothing went to screen. This is in EW 7 Win 10 and Office 2016. To date we have never had an issue like this. PP has always worked fine in EW on that PC.

Running a program in our church hall last night I used my laptop with Win8.1 EW 7 and PP 2016. I have used that laptop several times for this program series but last night it too had PP issues. It too only displayed the top left corner of the PP picture. After trying all sorts of things I tried EW 6 - same issue. Back to good ol' EW 2009 - which is still installed on that laptop - and all worked fine!

I am also working with my brother on his church PC -( brand new Dell i7 GXT 1060 and all the good gear + EW6 and PP 2016) and new installation of everything. Worked fine at my place but when he took it to the church, PP would not display at all. After playing with all sorts of things we finally got it to show the top left quarter of the PP. Installed the viewer which also had issues. Funny thing though that after running a video clip, PP displayed OK! They did that during the church program too to get PP to display properly.

I visited my church today and told EW 7 to use the 2010 viewer. PP now works OK again, but what is happening with the PP app and why is everyone having so much trouble with it?

Seems to me there is some issue with PP and EW6/7 that needs top be fixed.
We will let our developers know about this issue, however this seems to be something that came along with an update to Office.

A work around is to make sure you do not have your monitors set to scale above 100%.

You can change that in display settings.

Also you can right click the EasyWorship icon and click properties.

Click compatibility.

Change settings for all users

Change high DPI settings.

Check the box next to Override High DPI Scaling behavior... at the bottom of the window and click OK.

You have this article on your support page -- [url]

It says to change the primary monitor resolution to match the resolution you are using for the secondary screen. Will this work if you are using [b]three[/b] monitors? We have a primary monitor we use with our desktop computer, a projector at the front of the sanctuary and a TV at the back of the sanctuary.
We have this problem too. It has appeared over the last two weeks - ie everything worked two Sunday ago, yesterday Powerpoint would not display. In the end I got it to work by reverting to EW6 and setting it to use Powerpoint viewer (EW7 wouldn't cooperate with this, only showing a corner of the Powerpoint slide). All of this with 20 minutes between our early service where they gave up on Powerpoint, and our second service where I got it working as above. I have subsequently spent several hours yesterday and today trying all the suggested "fixes" - dpi scaling etc with no success. Setting the resolution of the primary and secondary monitors to match works, but Windows loses the settings when rebooted and EW - 6 and 7 - get confused with which monitor is primary and secondary and foldback and it all has to be set up again. I've left it working this afternoon but with no confidence that Powerpoint will display correctly, or even that EW will pick up the monitor settings the next time someone switches the system on. If I wasn't a Christian, I'd be very tempted to say something quite un-holy :-?