[v6 General Discussion] Serious Motion Background Issues After Upgrade

Hi all,

I took the most recent software update last night.

This morning, ALL of my motion backgrounds are playing at like 4X speed. It looks ridiculous and distracting. We had to suffer through worship with Indy 500 backgrounds today.

Is anyone else having this issue? Prior to the upgrade, obviously, all backgrounds played at the speed they were designed to.

Please help or provide a roll-back method to the previous version.

Thank you!

Ted

Hi tebower,

This is the first we've heard of this. I need a little more info from you. What type of videos are you using MP4, MOV, MPG...?
When you play the video, click on help, video codec troubleshooting. What appears there?
My video collection includes MOV, MPEG, WMV. The ones I am noticing here seem to be .mpeg.

I have used most of these videos for years and years with no issues.

One of the videos that is playing too fast showed this in the Video codec thing:
FFmpegPlayer - 6/21/2017 8:01:46 PM
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\Easyworship\Default\Resources\Videos\EasyPurpleSwirls.mpeg
Dims: 720 x 480
Duration: 0:00
Video Streams: 1
Audio Streams: 0
Video Stream Info
Index: 0
CodecName: mpeg1video (MPEG-1 video)

DirectX Shrink Filter - Enabled

ANOTHER ONE showed this:
FFmpegPlayer - 6/21/2017 8:03:46 PM
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\Easyworship\Default\Resources\Videos\ab00041.mpg
Dims: 640 x 480
Video Stream Info
Dims: 640 x 480

FFmpegPlayer - 6/21/2017 8:01:46 PM
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\Easyworship\Default\Resources\Videos\EasyPurpleSwirls.mpeg
Video Stream Info

It looks like the 0:00 duration time on your videos might be an issue. Were these videos purchased or something you created?

Here is an example of a video that has a duration.

FFmpegPlayer - 6/22/2017 9:20:24 AM
C:\Users\Public\Documents\Softouch\Easyworship\Default\Resources\Videos\BGSP01-105.mpg
Dims: 352 x 240
Duration: 0:24
Video Stream Info
Dims: 352 x 240
Duration: 0:24

All of my backgrounds were purchased. Also, I do not understand why they would suddenly have this problem post-update. Clearly it wasn't an issue on the earlier version of EW6.

If there is no resolution or fix for this, I need to roll back. How can this be accomplished? I don't want to have this issue again this coming Sunday. Thank you!
One thing I could try is to delete my video database, and re-add them. I will do this for an affected video and see if there is a problem.
The codecs that we are using for mpg1 are different. They may not handle 0:0 length files very well. I'm surprised they worked properly before. If you play them in media player does the progress bar work and is the time correct?
I have deleted an affected file. In the Windows file properties, duration shows as 0:22. Upon adding to EW, it shows as 0:00.

This tells me that something is incorrect in the way EW is reading the file's attributes. Could this be correct?
It's possible, if windows shows :22. Send an email to support@easyworship.com to setup a ticket. I want to get one of these files from you and do some testing here.
Sent, including the file I tested with.
I've got your ticket and test video. I'll reply to you via the ticket.
We're having exactly the same problem.
Is there any way to know if there is any solution to this?

Thanks.
I believe this person downloaded the file in a different format like MP4 instead of MPG1. I have a ticket submitted to our developers to look at this. Where did you get your files from? These files are kind of abnormal files compared to most mpg1 files.
I bought a DVD with those files from "Church art works". They provided 2 sets of files: .mov and .mpg
Both sets worked just fine for many years with WinXP/Win7 and EW2007/EW2009. Now, with Win10 and EW6 the .mpg - ok, but .mov plays with this crazy speed. I can replace those .mov with .mpg, but I have a number of .mov files without .mpg version.
Please play one of the mov files. Click on help, video codec troubleshooting.
Please copy and paste the contents into your reply.