[v6 General Discussion] MP4 files no longer play correctly through EW

Since installing build 6.5.5, my video MP4 files no longer play correctly through EW - the video is slow and the audio stutters.

Hi Bill,

Sorry for the issue you are having. I am glad to help you. Which video files are not playing specifically? MP4, WMV, etc.? Even though the newest build of 6.5.5 has its own video decoder, and normally wouldn't need Quicktime any longer, we have noticed a bug that some people may still need to have Quicktime installed to get the videos to play correctly. If you do already have Quicktime installed, then you will need to uninstall it and then reinstall it. If not already installed, here is a link to download the Quicktime player: https://www.easyworship.com/downloads/Utilities/VideoTools/QuickTimeInstaller.exe:3oxher09]Click Here

EasyWorship 6 Video Decoders

Please let me know if this does not fix the issue.
Hi Terry

We also are having problems playing MP4 and such. We downloaded Quicktime (didn't see an option in the Help menu) manually in Windows 10 and can now play MOVs but MP4's show a yellow triangle/black icon. In 2009 version they played good.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Hightest Nvidea card (#1000 or something) and 8 GB ram.
Hi Terry

We also are having problems playing MP4 and such. We downloaded Quicktime (didn't see an option in the Help menu) manually in Windows 10 and can now play MOVs but MP4's show a yellow triangle/black icon. In 2009 version they played good.

Hi!

Exclamation marks means that the file is not there. It is a short cut pointing to a location that does not exist.
Hi Terry

Yes, all the files are there, just EW6 doesn't know how to handle them is the reason for the exclamation mark.

I can go Windows Explorer to the Public/Soft.../.../Video folder and double click and play them.

Incidentally they are in the same folder as the MOV's that EW6 originally didn't recognize (triangle/exclamation mark) until we manually installed QuickTime...then it recognize the .MOV's.

So there is a disconnect with EW6 and MP4s.

Blessings
Tom

Hi Terry

Hi!

Exclamation marks means that the file is not there. It is a short cut pointing to a location that does not exist.
Hi Terry

Yes, the files are there, just EW6 doesn't know how to handle them. I can go Windows Explorer to the Public/Soft.../.../Video folder and double click and play them.

Incidentally they are in the same folder as the MOV's that EW6 didn't recognize (triangle/exclamation mark) until we manually installed QuickTime...then it see and can play the .MOV's.

So there is a disconnect with EW6 and MP4s.

Blessings
Tom

Hi Terry

Hi!

You installed Quicktime and now they are working correctly? Did the exclamation go away?
Hi Terry

Sorry but no the MP4's do NOT play. Those files still have a triangle with exclamation mark.

What I was mentioning was the .MOV's also has the same icon, until we installed QuickTime, and now they work, but the MP4's are still not connected.

You installed Quicktime and now they are working correctly? Did the exclamation go away?
I created a ticket so that we can work on this. You should be getting an email.