[v6 General Discussion] Switching between EW 6 & 2009

I purchased the upgrade from 2009 to EW6 several months ago when SoftTouch was offering a sale. I have yet to load it onto our computer because I wanted to wait for some of the kinks to be worked out. I have several questions:

1. I often lead worship in churches that also use EasyWorship. I usually build the presentations on my church computer, save to a thumb drive, and load them in the other churches computer. If I'm running EW 6 and the other church has EW 2009, will 2009 open the EW6 file? Or is there a way to save it in an older format with EW6?

2. Is it possible to install EW 6 on the same computer that has EW 2009? I would like to have a transition time to get familiarized with the new program. That way we could still run services on 2009 while practicing and training through the weeks until we're ready to launch EW6 in our services.

3. We recently purchased a new computer with specs above and beyond the recommendations the EasyWorship techs gave us, yet EW 2009 will periodically freeze during a service. All we can do is restart the computer and go on with the service without lyrics until the computer reboots. Is EW6 less likely to seize like that?

EasyWorship 2009 schedules will load into EasyWorship 6 but not the other way around.
I recommend building in 2009 so you know that it will work on either.

Installing EasyWorship 6 on the 2009 computer will not affect EasyWorship 2009. You will still be able to use either program.

I'm guessing that the new computer has windows 8 on it.
Check out these KB articles.
I think they will help.
https://easyworship.com/support/kbartic ... indows%208
Thanks for your help, Rodger. It's good to know that we can use both programs on the same computer. We bought a new computer with Windows 7 on it. I do not like Windows 8 at all. I don't know why it freezes. Maybe it won't do it anymore once we start using EW 6.
Unless things have changed recently you can only have one loaded at a time but they can both be available for use.
I searched the forum for an answer to my problem, but didn't find the topic. If has already been covered, please forgive me for asking.

We have two versions of EW on our computer. We regularly use EW 6 in our services. I kept EW 2009 because I occasionally lead worship at other churches that use that version still. In fact, I'm doing so tonight.

I started building a presentation in 2009. The 2nd song is one that is new to our church since our upgrade. It shows up in the EW 6 song database, but it is missing from the 2009 database. I thought both shared the same song and background files.

2 questions:

How do I copy the the database that version 6 uses over into 2009 (songs & backgrounds)?

Moving forward, is there a way that I can set this up so when I add songs in EW 6, they are also in the database in 2009?

Thank you,

Eric (Idabel, Oklahoma)