[v6 General Discussion] Uploading a YouTube Video

I am not a big YouTube user. My understanding is that you can only copy links to YouTube videos. How do I add a YouTube link to the videos resource area?

Can only add YouTube to a schedule, link upper right.

Once in schedule it cannot be edited.

Check out UmmyVideo. It allows you to save a YouTube video on your hard drive. From there you can import it into EW 6. Reply if you need details.
We always used to hit a problem that Youtube wouldn't play on the projected screen, probably due to supposed copyright issues, though it even applies to videos you may have posted!
As far as I know, the only reliable way of showing videos is to download beforenhand and put a video in the EW videos folder. Firefox offers several ways to download Youtube videos but there is a cat and mouse game going on between Youtube and download writers.
Can someone tell me if I am out of date please!
I wouldn't recommend playing videos directly from Youtube for a couple of reasons.
It's not reliable, due to constant changes in how Youtube does things and drops in bandwidth that could cause buffering.
Also you have a chance of getting a commercial on the screen at the wrong time during service.
Perhaps it's time for this feature to be deprecated (eliminated).
We're using iLivid, a software that converts YouTube videos to MP4 so they're readily transportable.
I am not a big YouTube user. My understanding is that you can only copy links to YouTube videos. How do I add a YouTube link to the videos resource area?
Thank you all for your replies... I just noticed them now. I will definitely try your suggestions and post back if I have any issues!
Thank you for the suggestion to use UmmyVideo. I just tried it and it seems to work really well... very simple to use.
I do have a further question. Having used UmmyVideo to save a YouTube video in the right format, is there a way to mark the start and end of a section of the YouTube video (like when adding media from a DVD, you can mark the start and end of the section you want to play)?
I do have a further question. Having used UmmyVideo to save a YouTube video in the right format, is there a way to mark the start and end of a section of the YouTube video (like when adding media from a DVD, you can mark the start and end of the section you want to play)?

Havn't found it yet. But we use powerpoint for that - yes, its a bit backwards, but it enables us to use videos within presentations, trim them the way we like them, and do autostart the like.
EasyWorship doesn't download the video so it cannot have an in and out point set on it. If you download the video, you can add it to the media area and set a start and stop or in and out point on the video then add it to an EasyWorship Presentation.

Havn't found it yet. But we use powerpoint for that - yes, its a bit backwards, but it enables us to use videos within presentations, trim them the way we like them, and do autostart the like.

That is interesting! I'll have to try it.
EasyWorship doesn't download the video so it cannot have an in and out point set on it. If you download the video, you can add it to the media area and set a start and stop or in and out point on the video then add it to an EasyWorship Presentation.

I'll have to try this as well. Thanks Rodger.