[v6 General Discussion] Caution - Beware SharedMedia Folder

I thought it be good to add all my PowerPoint files to Presentations folder; there were 970 of them. After a couple hours EW Helper finished processing them so thumbnails appear in EW6 Presentations pane. While making a backup I noticed a large number of JPGs being copied, 18,989 images of every slide totaling 2.2 GB!

Not sure why they have to be 960x720. I would think 1/8 HD or 240x135 would be sufficient and not more than 480x270. They are thumbnails after all.

Needless to say I'll be archiving 90% of these PowerPoint files and we'll see what happens to SharedMedia folder.

This morning PowerPoint thumbnails being rebuilt when opening EW6, every time. I going to be safe and reconvert my EW2009 data again and recreate collections, themes, etc. Hopefully by this evening I'll be where I was before my snafu. Then it's going to be backed up outside my normal backup location as that is updated too frequently.
Well that was a total failure. With the PowerPoint files moved out, using Windows Explorer, EW6 started but was soon non-responsive. Even EW Helper was not willing to show its task window. The thumbnails remained in SharedMedia. After using Windows Task Manager to close both EW programs I deleted the files using Windows Explorer. It also affected Dropbox synchronization that there so many new files. After a reboot when I started EW6 it stopped responding when I click on resource tab. Task Manager shows main program at 30%+ CPU and Helper at zero. I'll leave them running overnight. May need to find backup database files on Dropbox tomorrow.