[v6 General Discussion] Freezing, becoming unusable.

While using EW6 the program freezes and becomes unresponsive, requiring the use of the task manager to close it. The mouse will click around in the program window but nothing works. Even the close button and the menus become unusable. Only way to continue using is to close the program using the task manager and restart.

intel i7 3.2 ghz
8gb Ram
1TB HD
EW 6.1.8

We bought this new computer to handle EW6 please advise as to how to fix this problem. Reverting back to 2009 is not an option because it was never on this new computer or we would go back until EW6 was finished.

1 person likes this

I'm using a Toshiba Laptop
Running Windows 8.1
Current version of EW6 - 1.9 (I check for updates each week)
CPU: AMD A6-6310 APU w/ AMD Radeon R4 graphics 1.80 GHz
RAM: 8.0 GB
64-bit OS

We were doing fine until April 19.

-Stephanie
I'm using a Toshiba Laptop
Running Windows 8.1
Current version of EW6 - 1.9 (I check for updates each week)
CPU: AMD A6-6310 APU w/ AMD Radeon R4 graphics 1.80 GHz
RAM: 8.0 GB
64-bit OS

We were doing fine until April 19.

-Stephanie

Hey Stephanie! Sorry the program is freezing on you. Even though your system has been running EasyWorship 6 just fine until recently, the system specifications you mentioned are well below the minimum recommended setup for the new version. We recommend using Intel rather than AMD for CPU or video graphics cards. Since we can't re-create the problem you're facing, we can only assume that your computer may be the issue.

Having said that, we're still not going to give up. Please call our Support line, explain what you and I have discussed, and see if our team can remote access your machine and figure out some workarounds. Sound good?
we've been experiencing EW6 conflicts with Power Point too. This past Sunday there was a mix of EW6 songs, power points, and videos, and all locked up in some form. it was a disaster.

this afternoon I was able to replicate the conflict, and it has to do with EW6 and PowerPoint. As soon as a power point is opened from within EW6 when Powerpoint 2013 is already running, whether or not EW6 uses the viewer or the full blown PP, EW6 freezes.

EW6 was installed over EW2009, and during the install EW2009 was not removed from the system. I don't know if that has anything to do with it. But, when I uninstalled EW6, I was able to run power point slides from within EW2009 without any issues.

The PC we are running Office 2013, EW6 & EW2009 on has the following specs: Dell XPS8700, Intel Core i5-4440, 64-bit, w/8GB RAM.

By profession, I am an AV integrator with an IT degree and certifications. So I have a little background to help with these types of issues.

Unfortunately, there's no experience or education that can overcome software/dll conflicts. Because of this, until EW6 is offered in a stable environment that can operate nicely with power point, I will be running EW2009 with EW6 uninstalled.

if there's anything else I can provide to help clear this issue up, please feel free to contact me.

Supporting Him,
avboy16
Terry, our pc has a NVIDIA GeForce GT.
Terry, our pc has a NVIDIA GeForce GT.

You may need to call support so we can take a look at the issue.
What model NVIDIA GT?

It could be a low performance model; another user replaced their GT 720 with GTX 750 Ti and their display issues were resolved.

this afternoon I was able to replicate the conflict, and it has to do with EW6 and PowerPoint. As soon as a power point is opened from within EW6 when Powerpoint 2013 is already running, whether or not EW6 uses the viewer or the full blown PP, EW6 freezes.

Seems to be our problem also - whenever wer'e stressing powerpoint, EW6 locks op. In particular - choosing a wrong powerpoint presentation for live, and then choosing the correct one half a second later can make EW6 crash.

Things were much better with 6.1.9, but we still have those powerpoint related crashes.

Windows 8.1 Pro, 4GB, Nvidia GTX 750 graphics. Everything, including drivers, at latest software releases.
How big are these PowerPoints (# of slides and MB)?

I tested loading various PPTX files from 3 to 95 slides and 1 to 19 MB in size without issues. Computer is i5-4250U, 16 GB RAM, Intel HD 5000 Graphics, and 1 TB SSHD running two 1920x1080 displays. Computer also running Windows 10 in Virtualbox (2 CPUs, 3 GB RAM and 48 GB VDI with two displays 1600x900 & 1280x800). I also tried PowerPoints on the VM and other than being slower than native machine it displayed them. Native computer uses PowerPoint 2013 and VM uses PowerPoint Viewer.
How big are these Power Points (# of slides and MB)?

Most of the time - rather small power points, nothing with more than 30 slides / 1 mb.

Today we imported a 300 MB video file into power point - something which EW2009 usually had no problems with - and it didn't have any negative impact. The schedule crashed one time today, but as far as I could tell, it had nothing to do with the large power point file.

The last three Sundays has been without these large files - and we've had crashes every sunday.
There has to be something in common to have lock ups on a regular basis. Whether in EW6 or another program, it's ultimately how EW6 handles these situations.

When does it freeze? Going Live? During Live? Another activity (edit, import, save, etc.)?
What is being acted on? Song, Presentation, Scripture, PowerPoint, Video?
Which versions are installed? Windows (7/8/8.1), QuickTime (7.7.6), Dscaler (4.1.15), Video driver (NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL), PowerPoint (2007/2010/2013/Viewer)?

The more information the better the debugging. Otherwise developers become bug hunters instead of creators. If they had an automated test platform we could worry less about regression errors appearing in new builds.
When does it freeze? Going Live? During Live? Another activity (edit, import, save, etc.)?

During live - Every time I can recall is when swiching between two powerpoints in the schedule
What is being acted on? Song, Presentation, Scripture, PowerPoint, Video?

Not entirely shure here - but i'm rather sure, that it involves PowerPoint every time.
We're not using video very often anymore, and not for the last three services
Which versions are installed? Windows (7/8/8.1), QuickTime (7.7.6), Dscaler (4.1.15), Video driver (NVIDIA/AMD/INTEL), PowerPoint (2007/2010/2013/Viewer)?

Windows 8.1 - fully patched, QuickTime 7.7.6, no Dscaler, Nvidia driver 350.12, Powerpoint 2013

We had KLite codec pack installed, but have removed it now. I'm not sure, that leftovers and filters are entirely removed.
My test real computers with Windows 7 (64-bit) have EW20091.9 & EW6.2.1, QuickTime 7.7.6, K-Lite 11.10, latest AMD/Intel video drivers and PowerPoint 2013 (32-bit). My test virtual computers with Windows 10 (32-bit) have EW20091.9 & EW6.2.1, QuickTime 7.7.6, K-Lite 11.10, latest Virtualbox video drivers and PowerPoint Viewer.

Dscaler used for DVD playback; included with K-Lite Mega Pack.
I must chime in here...we have crashed in service since loading EW6 and it is directly associated with the PowerPoint files. Today I will be downloading the updates but wanted to chime in and say it has really been frustrating for us since loading EW6. We are having the EXACT same problems listed in this post (freezing, crashing...all when we bring in a PowerPoint file).
I must chime in here...we have crashed in service since loading EW6 and it is directly associated with the PowerPoint files. Today I will be downloading the updates but wanted to chime in and say it has really been frustrating for us since loading EW6. We are having the EXACT same problems listed in this post (freezing, crashing...all when we bring in a PowerPoint file).

Hi!

I need your help to trouble shoot this on your machine.

What version of windows are you running?

What is the CPU brand and speed?

How much memory is on the machine?

What graphics card do you have and have you updated the drivers for it?

Do you have the most currant build of EW6 installed?

What version of PowerPoint do you have installed?

Is EW set to use the PowerPoint Viewer or the application?
I am having the same issues. A looping Powerpoint with pictures and announcement crashes the program. Only way out is the Ctl+Alt+Delete.

Running an i5 3.2 Ghz with 12 Gig of Ram Windows 7 Pro 64 Bit

Powerpoint 2007

GeForce GTX 960