[v6 General Discussion] Labels on songs e.g. Verse 1, Chorus

Hi,

I don't know if anyone can help with this, although I'm not sure EW6 is brilliant in all aspects it is working. However all our songs, or most of our songs have an issue. In the new system the labelling of 'verse' 'chorus' etc does not seem to be working. The label box is present when I open up a song for edit, but if for example it has the word 'Verse 1' in it, this also displays on the main screen. I can't seem to find a way around it, the only way seems to be to delete them all and leave them blank, but this is obviously not ideal. Suggestion for a way forward would be really helpful.

Thanks
Tamsin

HI!

In EW click on EDIT//OPTIONS//SCRIPTURES and make sure that you do not have the SHOW VERSE/CHORUS LABEL box checked. Also if you have a VERSE 1a you will need to put the a in parenthesis () like this Verse 1(a).
I have a different issue with labels. Is there only some specific words you can put in the Labels?

I used to be able to put as Chorus/Refrain or just Refrain in it and it works. Now, when I do that, the words Chorus/Refrain appears as the 1st line in the slide and disappear from the Label section.
When importing text for lyrics only the following are recognized as labels, you add numbers to them:

[list:egzytfnx]Bridge
Chorus
End
Intro
Pre-Chorus
Tag
Verse[/list:u:egzytfnx]
However when typing you can enter any text you like into the label line.

When we imported our EW2009 database to EW6, all of our labels on the first screen became visible on the main screen, too. After the first, they are only on foldback as expected. We are using the reserved words, but it appears that the EW6 format expects the label to be above the Title. We had put it below the title in EW2009 since it looked odd on foldback to have "Verse 1" above the title:

For instance in EW2009 (when this is loaded in EW6 editor, the line above the title is blank, apparently for the label!):
[list:29vli4tt]Who Is This?
Verse 1
Who is this, so weak and helpless,
Child of lowly Hebrew maid...[/list:u:29vli4tt]

We have to edit every song in EW6 like this:
[list:29vli4tt]Verse 1
Who Is This?
Who is this, so weak and helpless,
Child of lowly Hebrew maid...[/list:u:29vli4tt]

Is that how it's supposed to be done? We have taken to fixing them one at a time. There are many many to be done.
When importing text for lyrics only the following are recognized as labels, you add numbers to them:

[list:ajio85s6]Bridge
Chorus
End
Intro
Pre-Chorus
Tag
Verse[/list:u:ajio85s6]
However when typing you can enter any text you like into the label line.

Well, that's the thing, I have issues with newly created slides, not imported slides - I right click and then select new song, then type in "Refrain" in the label and then type some lines in the text area. Save it, and then go back to edit it, I see the "Refrain" in the text area and nothing in the label area. That's why I ask - Hymns usually have refrain, not chorus (although they are the similar), so we would usually follow. Currently because of this issue, I had to put it as chorus in the hymns.
I just created a new song, typed in text, saved it and reopened the song. None of my text changed location. When typing my labels can be anything; only when importing does EW parse for label keywords.

Well, I just upgrade to 6.1.8 and tried it again, and it is not happening again - could be a resource issue.

I find that the longer EW is running, the more weird issues I would get. I even get issue in switching profiles while the theme section is being displayed. After changing the profile, click on song tab to move away from the theme tab, I get access violation error.
I would expect conversion to behave like import and only recognize label keywords. In our database I entered the song title after keyword on first slide, e.g. Verse 1 (Amazing Grace). That way it appeared on foldback and not live.