[v6 General Discussion] GO LIVE - VERY SLOW - 5 to 10 seconds

HELP!

Never had this issue with EW2009. We have the recommended system for EW2009 amd Go Live was quick. Now it is very slow with almost a count of 10 second when I switch songs with motion backgrounds. Not sure, I have to test still background and switching from song to PowerPoint. But I just noticed that it is taking a very very long time.

Trying to set up EW6 for use this Sunday but it looks like I will have to switch back to EW2009 as these transitions between Scheduled items is taking a very long time.

Our system is:
[list:c6c95g1z]Computer System: Gateway FX6803
Processor: Intel i7 930 @ 2.8GHz
Memory: 9 GB RAM
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 5800 Series
[/list:u:c6c95g1z]

I'll try checking the Video Driver for updates, but one thing I noticed is that there are very little options under preferences. I remember in EW2009 something about DirectX, but don's see this in EW6...

HELP, at this speede we cannot use EW6....

Thanks
Rich

Wow almost 12 seconds..

Here is what the Code Troubleshoot screen shows after I stepped through the schedule. There all songs with motion backgrounds except for one being a Video.

FILE - 1/22/2015 9:15:40 PM
C:\Users\CORNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\sftch\ew\v6.1\temp\pres-5ktzw\media\4az06.wmv
WMVideo Decoder DMO
Video Mixing Renderer 9

FILE - 1/22/2015 9:15:29 PM
C:\Users\CORNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\sftch\ew\v6.1\temp\pres-5ktzw\media\1kff6.wmv
WMVideo Decoder DMO
Video Mixing Renderer 9

FILE - 1/22/2015 9:15:11 PM
C:\Users\CORNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\sftch\ew\v6.1\temp\pres-5ktzw\media\1wf2w.mpg
MPEG-I Stream Splitter
MPEG Video Decoder
ffdshow Audio Decoder
Video Mixing Renderer 9
Default DirectSound Device

FILE - 1/22/2015 9:15:06 PM
C:\Users\CORNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\sftch\ew\v6.1\temp\pres-5ktzw\media\1kfac.wmv
WMVideo Decoder DMO
Video Mixing Renderer 9

FILE - 1/22/2015 9:14:55 PM
C:\Users\CORNER~1\AppData\Local\Temp\sftch\ew\v6.1\temp\pres-5ktzw\media\zaf8.wmv
WMVideo Decoder DMO
Video Mixing Renderer 9
I just updated Easyworship to build 1.4 and my transitions on Go-Live for just the songs is about that speed also. It's not just for motion backgrounds either.

It didn't do that with Build 1.3. Now I am wondering if I can roll back to the older build.
Alright, seems with a little more hunting I found:

[url:3sqx4o47]http://forums.easyworship.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13137&hilit=slow

This thread is back to November of 2014 and seems to be back in the Beta days before release? Released and we are still having issues with AMD cards??

Roger, it seems this is a know issue with AMD Video Cards...

[url:3sqx4o47]http://forums.easyworship.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13137&hilit=slow#p44916

So I take it there's no luck / news from the development team and the only answer is to buy a new NVIDIA card? I'll have to hunt now for the recommended NVIDIA card that would support three monitors as our AMD card does.

For now I'll also have to pass along to the team that were sticking with EW2009. Tomorrow morning I'll have to recreate my schedule for Sunday in EW2009.

Here's hoping the team figures this our before we have to buy another video card...

Thanks
Rich
Ahhh shucks I found another...

[url:xn38436j]http://forums.easyworship.com/viewtopic.php?f=45&t=13366

OK here seems to be a recommendation on a series of NVIDIA cards...

[url:xn38436j]http://forums.easyworship.com/viewtopic.php?f=39&t=13205&p=45240&hilit=NVIDIA#p45240

I'll have to see if we can find a good deal on one of these and hope for the best.
I had a conversation with tech support and it is a known issue with AMD graphics cards. They actually had my AMD Radeon HD 7700 in the office and the developer requested it so he could work on fixing the problem.
I have two computers running EW6. Both were doing fine until the upgrade. Now both are lagging badly when changing songs with a motion background. AND I have Nvidia cards in both computers.
I had a conversation with tech support and it is a known issue with AMD graphics cards. They actually had my AMD Radeon HD 7700 in the office and the developer requested it so he could work on fixing the problem.

Yup I found AMD references back to at least November of last year.

Guess they still haven't found a fix.

I swear the AMD card we have was on the EW2009 list of working and recommended video cards with three outputs and that is why we have it. EW6 just doesn't get along with the card....

Wish this could figure it out. Looks like we will need to now also buy a video card
I have two computers running EW6. Both were doing fine until the upgrade. Now both are lagging badly when changing songs with a motion background. AND I have Nvidia cards in both computers.

Well now I'm worried that nothing will work!

Can you let me/us know which cards you have from NVIDIA so maybe I'll stay away from those....

Thanks
Rich
BTW:

Our church as officially put EW6 on the shelf for now...

There's no way we can use it with this lag between scheduled elements.

Until either the AMD issue is fixed or we purchase an NVIDIA card.
We have a high-end machine with this video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti with 2G GDDR5

We are experiencing 6 to 7 second delays on Go Live with this NVIDIA video card. When constructing the file, just the lyrics with no background, the Go Live is essentially instant, adding the background slows this down to the 6-7 second delay -- sometimes but not always. From my years as a software developer, my hypothesis is that building the collection thumbnails with backgrounds for each of the slides in the song is consuming the resources; could the first one be built and displayed and then the remaining built in background processing? Having the option to have the middle pane show text only rather than having all those thumbnails in this pane might alleviate this delay problem to a tolerable level.

FYI -- other machine details:
4th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790 processor (8MB Cache, up to 4.0GHz)
16GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600Mhz (2x8GB)
256GB SSD SATA 6Gb/s + 1TB 5400RPM SATA 3Gb/s
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 Ti with 2G GDDR5
We are working on the delay issue. It seems that the more slides there are the slower it becomes. We have had better performance from nvidia cards for some reason.
Our computer is a:
ASUSTeK Computer INC. Rampage Formula Rev 1.xx
3.00 gigahertz Intel Pentium D
16 kilobyte primary memory cache
2048 kilobyte secondary memory cache
Multi-core (2 total) Not hyper-threaded
memory: 8 Meg of ram
video card: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti GDDR5 2GB Graphics Card GTX750TI-OC-2GD5

The "go live" response is a function of the number of slides in a song and size of the thumbnails. The smaller in the thumbnails the slower the response. With the largest thumbnail, EW6 is barely usable. We are not going to be able to use EW6 unless the response time improves a lot.

Bruce
We are also having this same issue. If there was a way to turn off the individual slide backgrounds in the live panel (more like EW2009) i believe this would also help the transition time. At this point we are not even messing with EW6 because it is completely unusable in a live environment. Our PC specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Ultimate
AMD FX-8150 8 Core Processor 3.60GHz
AMD R9 200 Series 8gb Video Card
32GB Ram

System shouldnt have any issues running EW6 but it's unusable in its current state.

EW6 is Build 1.5
Same issue here. A significant delay when dragging from the list of available songs, media, et. into the schedule. This is magnified when I try to pull up a song "on the fly" as the music director is singing songs to extend invitations. I used to be able to find, pull up, and make available, any song within a few seconds. Now it takes upwards of 10 seconds just to find it and get it live!
Surely, there can be a way to use whatever process/code was being used in EW2009?